Thread: Keyhole @ Night

Keyhole @ Night

Me and Jaxx and our wives went took a trip down Keyhole Friday night around 9:30 pm. We did it all by headlamp and it was full to the brim. It was and interesting twist on a great little canyon. Thank goodness we had the wet-suits because it was fetching cold! Has anyone else done it at night? I'm sure Jaxx will be posting a good trip report soon about Spry Canyon. I will add some pics later but I would recommend doing a night run...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've wanted to do this in the past. I know Ryebrye on this forum has done it a few times. It's like tradition for them before their big canyons the next day.

Some friends and I are planning on doing it this week end. I've heard it's fun by glow stick.
    "Mountain climbers rope themselves together, probably to prevent the sensible ones from
    going home." Unknown.

Has anyone else done it at night?
    Yep, we've done it several times at night. A lot of fun!

That was alot of fun. But it threw is off for waking up early to start Spry. Worth it though. I liked it better in the dark than in daytime.
    Trip report for Spry is almost done just uploading pics!
    The man thong is wrong.

Next time I think we will try it in the dark Aussie-style and with glow sticks to make it interesting.

Just dont tell anyone at ZAC, guy there turned into a ghost when he realized I'd be hiking out in the dark from pinecreek

Thats funny, I was in there last week and one of the guys told me they did in the dark without any lights. He said it took them 6 hrs to finish Keyhole. I like a little danger in life but I like to think I know where the line is.
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

here a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Just got back last night from Zion, we hit Keyhole on Sat. pm. Started around 9:30 and got done around 11:30. It was a great time, I think I like the canyon better by night.