Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westwater 8/18/07 - pics & video

Westwater 8/18/07 - pics & video

Alex talked to me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to do Westwater on Saturday, because a couple of permits were available. Luckily I had it open.

This was just a day trip. Alex and I drove down early Saturday morning and met the crew. There were 6 boats and 2 kayaks. Everybody was very nice and laid back. We were in Eric's boat with Renae. Eric is the one who contacted Alex. (thanks Eric!)

We launched around 10:30 am, and pulled off maybe 5:00? We topped it all off with a Bacon Cheeseburger at Ray's Tavern.

I hadn't been on whitewater for quite some time, and that was only the Snake River near Jackson Hole. Now I'm wondering if I even want to consider that "real" whitewater after this trip.

EDIT: The video's done. I went with just the original audio on this one, felt it fit better than music. I wanted to show the roar of the river with the excited screams through the rapids.

MUST HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET TO WATCH VIDEO

If you'd like to DOWNLOAD a higher resolution copy, RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS HERE (89 MB, 6:22 long, 640 X 480 resolution)

Watch out, everybody... The newbie's taking pictures again.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Some of those turned out pretty good Justin, granted Eric was yelling at you about the camera You had to pull some sweet maneuvers to snap a few pics here and there.

Now if we can put Justin (the amount of pics) and Dan (the quality of pics) together, we'd have an unlimited supply of pictures!

Can't wait to see the video, Justin. You showed the mellow beauty of the canyon, now bring on the stuff that we all crave.......the RAPIDS!

Helluva tat on that birds back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Some of those turned out pretty good Justin, granted Eric was yelling at you about the camera
    yep, the camera guy is always the "nerd" until the drive home.

I left a lot of the shots "zoomed out" while I was taking them, then I zoomed & cropped for the upload.

I forgot to mention the Party Barge. On the long stillwater exit, one of us had a small trolling motor. We tied all 6 boats together and had a slow, easy cruise without paddling.

Awesome pictures. I just got back from 6 days of rapids, wondering if I was going to make it out alive. Looking forward to the video!

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Awesome pictures. I just got back from 6 days of rapids, wondering if I was going to make it out alive. Looking forward to the video!
    Thanks for the camera! I just uploaded the video.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    6 days of rapids? Where did you go???

Woah Justin great video man! So much better than my edits. You are totally invited on my next trips

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Woah Justin great video man! So much better than my edits. You are totally invited on my next trips
    Sweet! Thanks. We've gotta get those different angles next time.

Here are some other videos I found that may give our viewers a view of Skull Rapid from the shore....

Skull Rapid:

***WARNING-- LANGUAGE***

We should stop at Skull next time and just chill on the rock and take pictures of all the carnage

Bogley BigShot
    Fun photos!

Great pics

I'm too jealous. Wow what fun!!
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

You know I've got my priorities screwed up when:

Alex invited me, and I almost thought about bagging it because my camcorder isn't working for the helmetcam footage.

Is it too late for me? Is there any hope of going back to having fun, for the sake of having fun?

Oh, and did you see this one?

The two dudes were sitting up so far in the front, that water kept coming over, and the chick was constantly bailing.

We wanted to see how they'd do through the rapids, but we stopped for lunch.

Dingy of Death

The real question is why they are sitting together and not next to her?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    The real question is why they are sitting together and not next to her?
    Two words:

Commercial Trip!

She hits them over the head with the bucket when they don't paddle hard enough.

I finally got around to downloading a watching the high res video. It was awesome!! It really makes me want to get out there and do some rivers.

Excellent work