Thread: Barry Bonds preparing a lawsuit against Curt Schilling?

Barry Bonds preparing a lawsuit against Curt Schilling?

NEW YORK (TICKER) -- Barry Bonds has bolstered his legal team and could be preparing to slap a lawsuit on Curt Schilling, the New York Daily News reported on its web site Thursday.

According to the report, Bonds retained San Francisco attorney Todd Schneider and Oakland attorney John Burris to represent him in a possible defamation lawsuit against the veteran Boston Red Sox pitcher.

"There's no guarantee any action will be taken," Burris told the newspaper. "The most important thing to communicate is that Barry's silence up until now is not an admission to anything."

ADVERTISEMENT
    Bonds, who hit career home run No. 756 on August 7 to pass Hank Aaron for the most in baseball history, already is the subject of the BALCO steroids investigation and is represented by Michael Rains in that matter. The BALCO grand jury reconvenes next month.

On the HBO program "Costas Now," Schilling discussed Bonds' former mistress, Kimberly Bell, and her potentially damaging grand-jury testimony. She reportedly testified that Bonds told her about his steroid use.

"If I wrote a book about Bob Costas and in that book I wrote about Bob Costas' girlfriend being on the road, and Bob Costas giving that girlfriend card-show money and I outlined your daily steroid regimen, I've got to believe your first line of defense is to sue my (butt) off," Schilling said on the program.

Schneider and Burris issued joint statements, the newspaper reported.

"Mr. Bonds retained Schneider and Burris because of the false nature of these statements," the statement read. "While pursuing Hank Aaron's home run record, Barry felt that it was more prudent to remain silent. Now that the record has been broken, Burris and Schneider will evaluate any and all statements attributed to him that are false."

Bonds belted his 759th career homer on Wednesday night against the Atlanta Braves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good for Barry

Bond's is a jerk.

Jerk or no jerk, he doesn't need to be slammed by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Jerk or no jerk, he doesn't need to be slammed by the media.
    Why not? Barry Bonds is the biggest whiner around. He wants the world to feel sorry for him. He needs to suck it up and admit his guilt. I think that Hank's record still stands, as well as Roger Maris'. All these juiced up players need to go away....yes, if that means that we need to clean out the locker rooms, then so be it!

Baseball is a joke anyways. Many of these new ballparks are smaller than many older parks. It has been calculated that based upon the distances of Babe Ruth's hits (that were not homeruns at the time) many of those hits in today's parks would have homeruns. Not to mention that Ruth hit had 3965 less at batt's than Aaron and Aaron only managed 41 more HR's than him. Even Bonds had 700 more AB's than Ruth to hit 714. What am I saying? Ruth is still King baby!

Oh, and all of you Ruth haters can kiss it! ha!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

The press hounded Dale, Dale didn't give them what they wanted, so Dale was labeled. He hit a wall and now the press views him as a God, of course, in death.

As far as Barry, Hank even stated if there was a substance around back then that could have made him better, that could have gave him longevity in the game, he would have taken it. That's the way most athletes that play for the moment feel. They have to be on top of their game, the promotional aspect and the contractual aspect of it as well. If the Babe was told that alcohol would have improved his game, you bet he would have been there, oh wait, he was But, if something was around back them, for them, I'll be willing to bet they would have ingested it.

Congrats to Barry

If the Babe was told that alcohol would have improved his game, you bet he would have been there, oh wait, he was But, if something was around back them, for them, I'll be willing to bet they would have ingested it.
    All speculation my friend! The bambino's record (based on AB's) still stands baby....built on alcohol and good old american sweat. Aaron was just saying crap that to help his friend Barry out...IMO.

Congrats to Barry
    You forgot to congratulate his dealer on a job well done!
    ~Jason

Ohh, so Hank is now a liar. Anyway you look at it, there would of been some that would have ingested something that would have made them better. Living in the moment, the spotlight or whatever you want to call it. Baseball doesn't seem to dwell on this too much, it's too good for the sport. Bad press, good press, they make out. McGuire and Sosa, that chase for the home runs that season drew in more viewers to that sport than ever before. That's what the fans want, a chase for greatness.

I could care less what Bonds took, Mcguire, Sosa, whoever. They made themselves better. That's what we want when we get things, faster cars with better fuel mileage, better stronger pickups and the list goes on.

Ohh, so Hank is now a liar.
    Liar is a strong word for what I was trying to say. Haven't you ever said something just because you wanted to be supportive and help out a friend?

I think that Bonds is a great ball player, just as are many others today. I guess I just live in a fantasy world were I wish all of the athelete's today would just play 100% natural, as in no ingested/rubbed substances to help them play better. Yep, never gonna happen, not 100% anyways.

Don't be comparing the wonderful world of racing & horsepower with these guys! However, even good ole boy Smokey Yunick was slipping the laughing gas in his race cars secretly...any trick to win. Good ole smokey!
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    I wish all of the athelete's today would just play 100% natural, as in no ingested/rubbed substances to help them play better.
    hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    I guess I just live in a fantasy world were I wish all of the athelete's today would just play 100% natural, as in no ingested/rubbed substances to help them play better. Yep, never gonna happen, not 100% anyways.
    A lie is a lie is a lie.

Not where the contracts they sign are worth as much as they are and the money they make from commercials and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    There is no faking the fact that he was most dynamic offensive force in the history of the game. At the rate the guy got walked combined with him not missing a pitch for about 6 straight years, it was simply the best stretch of offense ever. Its to easy to bitch about him being an ass or a cheater, who was even close to being as good as Bonds from '97 through '03?

Please don't say Puljos, AROD, Sosa, nobody was even close.

Don't even get me started about how Schilling isn't a total liar either. That bloody sock was a bunch of hyped up crap. You're a liar Schill...