Thread: The Simpsons Movie

The Simpsons Movie

I just got back from seeing it and have to say that it was more than I expected for a movie adaptation. I think the writers and animators did a very good job. If you like the Simpsons then you won't be disappointed.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Someone gave me a downloaded copy at work. It was pretty good... just don't expect anything other then the Simpsons.

Yes it is a great movie I seen it opening weekend, and plan on buying it when it gets released on dvd.

It was about what I expected, about the same quality as the newer Simpsons episodes. I dunno, I just think maybe it's time for Matt Groening to call it a day.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

I hate to admit I saw this movie. Dumbest Simpson's I have ever seen. I think the older tv series are the best. This movie was crap-o-la in my opinion. There just wasn't the great one liners. The only part that was pretty funny was the spider pig bit. I sort of felt like I was getting some sort of environmental/ anti religion agenda preached to me. Well, more so and more heavy handed than usual I guess.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    I sort of felt like I was getting some sort of environmental/ anti religion agenda preached to me. Well, more so and more heavy handed than usual I guess.
    No it was the same level of

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    I sort of felt like I was getting some sort of environmental/ anti religion agenda preached to me. Well, more so and more heavy handed than usual I guess.
    No it was the same level of
    Life is Good

That movie was moderately amusing. But, certainly not "$8 + a box of Junior Mints" amusing. More like "$1.50 + a smuggled flask of whiskey amusing". I suggest waiting for it to hit the Sugarhouse 10.

That movie was moderately amusing. But, certainly not "$8 + a box of Junior Mints" amusing. More like "$1.50 + a smuggled flask of whiskey amusing". I suggest waiting for it to hit the Sugarhouse 10.
    kris - that couldn't have been said more perfectly.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Scott, I'm with you. The only ones are GREAT! But the newer stuff is just sad. The movie was alright, but yes, a bit preachy. I have season two on DVD - great stories, great writing, and actually funny. Not forced down your throat funny. Highly recommend it to anyone who wonders why they used to think the Simpsons was funny.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.