Thread: Maples Loop TR 8/7/07

Maples Loop TR 8/7/07

Maples Loop, or whatever you wish to call it....

There were two groups of us tonight, glasscutter (Mark) and I were late, so fourtycal, greyhair, (did ride-on make it?) and live2ride went their way, and we went ours.

We started across the paved road, heading south, rode up to the fork with the bench & sign, just below the Green Ponds TH, then headed back down North. We took our favorite side trail in Icebox Canyon, too.

Mark got a flat on the way up, so we slimed it.

Here are our pics, though not many. Maybe the other boys took some too.

and here's a short video clip of a creek bed we always try to take:

Attached Images Attached Images       

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We had a great ride. Me and DJ(ride-on) showed shortly after 6pm. I think the gang had been waiting for a while. We hung until 6:45 then headed out (we must have just missed Mark and Sombeech) I don't know the trail names for sure but I think we rode up Maples loop, Middle fork, and the green pond trail then had a great downhill back taking the east fork trail.

These trails are top notch not too steep on the climb, not too technical on the down but both still challenging with great views from the singletrack all along the way. Definately worth the drive for me.

Thanks for riding yesterday guys! I had a great time, Fortycal you hit the trail names pretty good for your first time there, other than we took Art Nord or the way down. Looks like its my turn to head down south to meet you guys for the next ride! Thanks again it was fun... especially with the first 1:00 in the saddle climbing!! And the moose was fun to see.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Congrats sombeech, you skinny bastard! I'm so sad I had to miss that trail. It looks like a lot of fun and really pretty. I'll be there next week for sure.

Sorry we missed you guys! Next time we'll do better. SO, did you run into the moose - the real one?? He's not the biggest Ive seen but then they dont have to be to kick you a$$!

so the real question is - was the second attempt at the creek crossing any better?
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!