Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cops shoot protester in the head w/rubber bullet, then laugh

Cops shoot protester in the head w/rubber bullet, then laugh

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=G63FEamhpA0&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RockGremlin
    See, what did I tell you, cops are all a bunch of power hungry pussies hiding behind the badge...
    We all know what's coming from RG.

Hmm, reminds me of Liberty Park back in, I dunno, 2000? '99?

"March South, March South!"

Peaceful people getting barged in on and having their drums broken with nightsticks or getting thumped, themselves while legally assembling in a public park. All because some people defended a guy (by yelling and telling the cop to go away and leave him alone) who was getting his puppy confiscated by a cop for not having it on a leash.

I left when I saw police cruisers start driving up on the lawn. I saw the news report that night and spoke with "my people" at the time, the next week.

A lady getting shot in the head with a rubber bullet without being violent toward anyone is absolutely ridiculous. No charges, no investigation. PLEASE.

The police have a tough job, but they need to remember that they work FOR THE PEOPLE! When THE PEOPLE form a group in protest of something, the police should listen to the message, not try to stop it from happening.

(Sorry...struck a nerve. I'll shut up now.)
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Woman: Shoot me! Are you gonna shoot me?

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    A lady getting shot in the head with a rubber bullet
    I have always heard that cops aren't supposed to aim for the head with less-than-lethal ammunition, people have been killed by getting head-shot with rubber bullets and beanbags, and it's always explained away as a miss, a body shot that went high...

And here we have a bunch of cops downright celebrating a head shot, absolutely loving the fact that it pegged her right in the forehead. If it had killed her, would they have admitted that the aim was intentional?

In this case, they used less-than-lethal not to avoid a physical confrontation, but to mete out on the spot punishment.

They didn't avoid a fight, they avoided having to do the work of a billyclubbing. Of a lady. In a dress. Wielding a piece of paper.

Oh well, she should consider herself lucky, right? 40 years ago in Florida she would have gotten the firehose and dog bite treatment.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by donny h
    Oh well, she should consider herself lucky, right? 40 years ago in Florida she would have gotten the firehose and dog bite treatment.
    That would have been funny!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

From the little bit that the story shows It looks like she was confronting the police, peacefully...mabey. How do we know what was going on before that with other people and the cops. Mabey they felt the need to stomp out any confrontation with them before it got out of hand. I am one to say shoot the lady ask questions later. If you are with a group of people protesting and some people in the group are getting out of hand, which may be a possibility in the red suit ladies case, you can expect that the cops aren't going to hold a trial.
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    you can expect that the cops aren't going to hold a trial.
    It's really a shame how many people are uninformed when it comes to their rights. It is not the job of law enforcement to dole out punishments, nor even to "hold a trial." As the name "law enforcement" so vaguely implies, it is their job to enforce the laws, and refer violators to the courts. If an officer fires a shot, even a less-lethal shot at a protester, they damned well should have a good reason, which doesn't seem to be the case in this situation.

I don't think I'm uninformed of my rights. If I am associating and congregating with a group of people and they start to get rowdy and I don't leave then I can only expect the cops to treat me as they would the stupid people in the group.
    I don't think that we can really judge what happened by the footage that the lawyer gave the the interviewer to show. That is a small bit showing only things to make her case look better. She is a lawyer she knows not to show her friends throwing rocks at police (not that that happened, just an example)
    The man thong is wrong.

If she was the mouthpiece and her words and actions began to incite a few people to get out of hand, the police have to take action. She would have been forewarned that if she continued, she would be shot by less than lethal means. Obviously she didn't take heed in those orders and that led her to being shot. A simple protest can turn into a riot at the drop of a dime. Riots lead to injury and property damage at the least. Keeping it peaceful is paramount.

A lawyer being afraid to bring suit? Isn't that an oxymoron And a shot that far by standing police, using a rubber bullet and actually striking her in the forehead... Wow will that person step forward and teach me how to shoot

Those "cops" (I think "pigs" is a more appropriate term) showed themselves as dickless punks suffering from gang mentality. They guy who fired the shot needs his ass whipped.

I especially liked the film the pigs made of themselves later patting each other on the back for taking pot shots at an unarmed middle aged woman. Boy, what MEN! Any one of those guys confronted by himself without his little badge, buddies, and cheap-ass Glock would wimper and beg like a schoolgirl.

Bull Connor would be proud!

NEVER trust a police officer.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Bull Connor would be proud!
    Bingo.

If that lady was inciting a riot then she's commited a crime, so take her into custody for that crime, she wasn't in the middle of an angry crowd, she was standing 15 feet in front of dozens of cops.

Cops playing judge and jury.

Quote Originally Posted by donny h
    she was standing 15 feet in front of dozens of cops
    Helloooooooooooooooooooo, they wouldn't need that many cops for just her and they were on the march driving back a crowd. She was just caught in the shallow depth of field in that video camera. And again, we were not there to hear what was being said, we were not here to see what was taking place, just a segmented video clip that was to show the "Poor Fear Suing Lawyer" side of it. Where's the judge and jury? You don't comply, they'll make you and if it results to force, shame on you. It's as simple as listening. What are these parents teaching kids nowadays?

Some more info on that protest in Florida, I was wrong about it being 'a great shot', the bullet penetrated the sign she was hiding behind and struck her on the top of the head, not the forehead.

So I got that detail wrong, but Broward county bails me out by behaving atrociously in many other ways:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/30/Co...ontrol_w.shtml

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter...2296783&page=1

http://phoenix_rising.gnn.tv/blogs/1...otest_in_Miami

Oh, the irony, being shot by police for no good reason, and the bullet traveled through a sign that reads "Fear Totalitarianism".

More "She says" and the slanted view of Law Enforcement by the writer, free speech, isn't it great.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Helloooooooooooooooooooo, they wouldn't need that many cops for just her and they were on the march driving back a crowd. She was just caught in the shallow depth of field in that video camera. And again, we were not there to hear what was being said, we were not here to see what was taking place, just a segmented video clip that was to show the "Poor Fear Suing Lawyer" side of it. Where's the judge and jury? You don't comply, they'll make you and if it results to force, shame on you. It's as simple as listening. What are these parents teaching kids nowadays?
    I was almost with you on this, but the film clip of the piggy circle jerk told a far different story. These boys seemed to get a real woody taking shots at a fat middle-aged woman. And that's just creepy.

Never trust a cop.

-- Wm Blake

I was almost with you on this, but the film clip of the piggy circle jerk told a far different story. These boys seemed to get a real woody taking shots at a fat middle-aged woman. And that's just creepy
    Look at the history of this summit. Look towards Seattle in years pass. Look at the violence and destruction that follows this summit. I would say that the police or sheriff's (whatever these were) had those such visions of this prior summit and would not tolerate such anarchy if they could have helped it. It's your local government that expects the police to keep these protesters in check, that's why they have the funding to put so many of them on the streets during this. With this summit, travels people that aren't there for the sake of free trade, it's for the sake of inciting riots.

Look at the history of this summit. Look towards Seattle in years pass. Look at the violence and destruction that follows this summit. I would say that the police or sheriff's (whatever these were) had those such visions of this prior summit and would not tolerate such anarchy if they could have helped it. It's your local government that expects the police to keep these protesters in check, that's why they have the funding to put so many of them on the streets during this. With this summit, travels people that aren't there for the sake of free trade, it's for the sake of inciting riots.
    Oh sure, I'm very aware of the history of this conference. No argument there, to be sure. But it doesn't forgive needle-dick behaviour. Again, I point to the attitudes of these pigs during the circle jerk session on the film.

Never trust a cop.

-- Wm Blake

You don't comply, they'll make you
    We Americans have the constitutional right to peaceably assemble, and petition the government for change. The founding fathers thought this was important enough they made it the FIRST amendment to the constitution, all the other amendments aren't worth spit without the first one.

The protesters are exersizing their rights, rights that are paid for in blood by our relatives, rights that were hard won and should not be taken lightly, and should NEVER be set aside merely because someone disagrees with the message of the protesters.

Another word for protester is patriot.

How would Thomas Jefferson feel about Broward countys actions? John Adams? James Madison? Alexander Hamilton? Would these men support shooting a lady in a dress because they didn't like her?

Oh sure, I'm very aware of the history of this conference. No argument there, to be sure. But it doesn't forgive needle-dick behaviour.
    Hmmm, what's that oil company you have issues with in the La Sal area? I cannot remember. The one that wants to set up on all that open land? Little scenario.
    You and a bunch of like minded neighbors got together and pulled off a successful stand on that company. You're all standing around at a picnic/victory get together and you start discussing the tactics that seemed to keep them at bay, some of you wouldn't be joking about it?