Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: August 25-26 UUTAH Trip

The last time you and I ran the Squeeze, we did the canyon in 3.5 hours. The potholes were full, the tyrolean was still in place and there were only two of us. I agree that it'll probably take us twice as long with the group size, especially if water is low and we have to deal with the keeper that the tyrolean made so easy to overcome. But on the upside, we'll have an experienced team this time and that's something we didn't have when we got flashed. And everyone has their own belay device. We won't be passing an 8 around telling people not to drop it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I guess it will ultimately come down to a group decision, but I just wanted to sound the alarm on the whole weather issue. Flash floods in the Squeeze -- I've been to this movie before, I don't need to see it again.
    I'm with you. So, are you thinking we do the Squeeze Saturday instead and just drag everyone down it? That could be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell
    We won't be passing an 8 around telling people not to drop it.

too funny!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Maybe just stagger the current teams through the squeeze on saturday, I know our team most likely won't be starting on the squeeze at 6 or 7 since we'll probably be getting in at 2a, so we could follow after your group.

Quote Originally Posted by alusul
    Maybe just stagger the current teams through the squeeze on saturday, I know our team most likely won't be starting on the squeeze at 6 or 7 since we'll probably be getting in at 2a, so we could follow after your group.
    Wrong answer John. We will be starting shortly after sunrise. Around 7 am. I don't want to be cooking my ass off hiking up the Moroni slopes.

Yeah, you can pretty much forget about sleep this weekend...or much of it anyway.

Ya, we'll just stagger groups through. It'll be fine. An early start is almost mandatory with the Squeeze -- unless you don't mind hiking uphill in 95 degrees.

Lookin forward to this trip. Should be a blast.

Got to love that every uutah trip takes about 9-10 pages to plan

Quote Originally Posted by Alex

The great thing about that is everything goes off very smoothly. Almost every aspect has been discussed and recussed twice over so that when the trip finally rolls around, things go pretty well according to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Wrong answer John. We will be starting shortly after sunrise. Around 7 am. I don't want to be cooking my ass off hiking up the Moroni slopes.
    I guess a shortage of caffeine certainly won't be stopping us

Quote Originally Posted by Alex

The great thing about that is everything goes off very smoothly. Almost every aspect has been discussed and recussed twice over so that when the trip finally rolls around, things go pretty well according to plan.
    It was sarcasm Justin, I know how exciting it is to plan everything and I totally agree with you about executing the actions according to plan. I just wish I was coming Next time for sure!

You guys have a blast down there, take lots of pics!

Epic trip. One of the best trips this year. Awesome! Thanks guys!

Epic trip. One of the best trips this year. Awesome! Thanks guys!
    Yes an absolute superb time was had. I totally regret not being able to hit Quandary with you guys. As we drove past your car on the drive out I reamed my brother out for his inability to commit to another canyon. However, he's my little brother and I've got to take care of him.

I've got a ton of pics form our group of five in the Squeeze that I'll get together and post tomorrow night. I truly enjoyed the company and thought that the bullshitting around the barbecue was the best part.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Yes! Awesome trip! We canyoneered the hell out of the Swell this weekend...along with the rest of the state of Utah. I've never seen so many people down there!!

This trip down Quandry was the best yet. I've done Quandry many times but hitting it with low water levels and ascending back up was an absolute blast! Many thanks go out to newly made friends, Dan and John in particular. Chris, I'm sorry you weren't able to stay...it was truly epic! Looking forward to the next one!

So.... pics, TRs???? come on people, stop slacking!

HA! I bet most of us didn't even get home until last night around 9 pm. Maybe tomorrow, sucka.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    HA! I bet most of us didn't even get home until last night around 9 pm. Maybe tomorrow, sucka.
    Where are your priorities!!! sheesh