Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August 25-26 UUTAH Trip

August 25-26 UUTAH Trip

There has been mention of a possible trip for the weekend of the 25/26 of August. The plan right now is the Squeeze on Saturday, and Quandary/Knotted Rope on Sunday. Camp will be at Hidden Splendor, I suppose.

EDIT: This list will be updated as new people join or leave...

Possible Participants:
    Group 1:
    CarpeyBiggs
    Chris Raver
    Porter Rickabaugh
    Alusul?
    mrbrejcha?
    mrbrejcha's friend #1?
    mrbrejcha's friend #2?

Group 2:
    RockGremlin
    Kyrell
    Faye from Moab
    John from Moab
    Dan from the Monti
    Cody
    nelsonccc
    Adam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll only be able to go through Zion as well.
    "...when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room, It's for fun."
    Nacho

Wish I could make another what I am sure will be a fun and exciting trip, but we have a family reunion that weekend...

Why does family always have to get in the way of fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Odie_Canyon

Why does family always have to get in the way of fun?
    You can say that again!

Well that weekend is my birthday so that is the perfect weekend for me. Are we taking votes or what? I'm up for Imlay.
    "...when you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room, It's for fun."
    Nacho

Re: August 25-26 UUTAH Trip

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs

Am I missing anyone?
    I'll be around.
    I'd be up for whatever, but i'd prefer the swell cause that drive back from zion is long for me on sunday night

Re: August 25-26 UUTAH Trip

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrejcha

Am I missing anyone?
    I'll be around.
    I'd be up for whatever, but i'd prefer the swell cause that drive back from zion is long for me on sunday night
    Ya, me too. I prefer the Swell too I'd be down with any combo of the following:

Squeeze
    Iron Wash
    Quandary
    Music
    Knotted Rope
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I vote for the Swell. All of you Zion snobs need to expand your horizons, especially you Christian...it's time to bring the Alpha male to the San Rafael.

The Squeeze Saturday, down Quandry/up Knotted Rope Sunday could be fun. They'd both be full days but worth it. If we went up Knotted Rope we could use our mad climbing skills!

My only issue with the Swell is that all the guidebooks seem leave out the best parts...

Okay, looks like we might be able to make a Squeeze/Quandary combo play for this weekend... We can set up camp at the Splendor that is Hidden.

So far I've got:

Everyone interested in the next uUtah canyon social please raise your right hand...

My wife didn't know what to think when you guys had those outfits on Sat. nite. She'll be sorry she missed you dancing in front of Pizza and Noodle.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell
    I vote for the Swell. All of you Zion snobs need to expand your horizons, especially you Christian...it's time to bring the Alpha male to the San Rafael.

The Squeeze Saturday, down Quandry/up Knotted Rope Sunday could be fun. They'd both be full days but worth it. If we went up Knotted Rope we could use our mad climbing skills!
    Woa there cowboys. I never said I wouldn't come up to the evil part of Utah. Man I got all sorts of people saying all sorts of things. I figure you bitches came to my part of the world so why can't I come up to yours?

Here's the deal and the rules:
    1 - I won't be able to leave Vegas till 4:00 friday. So you'd better choose something as close as possible.
    2- no tight stuff, I like my belly just as it is and I sure the hell don't want to be scraping no hair or fat off.
    3 - Cody is like a 80% on coming.
    4 - I'm not interested in hiking all over the damn place on no damn death marches. So try to choose something that will leave me with enough energy to push the gas pedal home Sunday night.

Other than that I leave myslef in your hands. We can't let Dan plan this thing or he'll try to kill me (you know since I successfuly debunked all of his arguments). Who's in charge? Oh I forgot rule 5 - when I arrive whoever planned this thing must relinquish the role of Alpha to the one, true, Alpha Male.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The squeeze has a 2-3 hour approach, and 2 hour exit, maybe 5 hrs in the canyon. Mostly flat except one big climb. Can you handle that?

I think the drive is about 6 hours from Vegas, depending on how fast you like to rally the truck over the desert dirt roads.

The squeeze has a 2-3 hour approach, and 2 hour exit, maybe 5 hrs in the canyon. Mostly flat except one big climb. Can you handle that?

I think the drive is about 6 hours from Vegas, depending on how fast you like to rally the truck over the desert dirt roads.
    Ummm my guess is that that "one big climb" will be considered a death march if you did the route I did. Bottom up and into the canyon and out the bottom to the car. There ain't no switchbacks on the "up" part.
    Life is Good

Man, I don't want to remain a Swell Virgin again this year...

It is her family reunion, mayhaps I could sneak away if you can grab an extra permit for me...

...oh wait we're not in Zion anymore.
    Hold my glasses, I'm going to jump!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrell

Woa there cowboys. I never said I wouldn't come up to the evil part of Utah. Man I got all sorts of people saying all sorts of things. I figure you bitches came to my part of the world so why can't I come up to yours?

Here's the deal and the rules:
    1 - I won't be able to leave Vegas till 4:00 friday. So you'd better choose something as close as possible.
    2- no tight stuff, I like my belly just as it is and I sure the hell don't want to be scraping no hair or fat off.
    3 - Cody is like a 80% on coming.
    4 - I'm not interested in hiking all over the damn place on no damn death marches. So try to choose something that will leave me with enough energy to push the gas pedal home Sunday night.

Other than that I leave myslef in your hands. We can't let Dan plan this thing or he'll try to kill me (you know since I successfuly debunked all of his arguments). Who's in charge? Oh I forgot rule 5 - when I arrive whoever planned this thing must relinquish the role of Alpha to the one, true, Alpha Male.
    I've never heard so much whining. I guess we could airlift you to the top...kinda expensive. Or you could hire some sherpas...that would require a way to transport livestock though...but I don't think Llamas are all that unruly? I'm just trying to think of some possible solutions for you.

Seriously dude, you'll live. Neither of the canyons are all that tight. The approach to the Squeeze is a bit of a pain but you get all of the elevation gain out of the way first...and in the morning hours. The exit is along the Muddy...heel to toe type stuff. Quandry's approach is quick and easy too. Elevation is at the start but doesn't take more than 20 to 30 minutes...tops. Exit is the same as the Squeeze...back down the Muddy. Both canyons should have quite a bit of water in them as well and, if we're lucky, we might just get flashed on!

I expect there will be some dropouts and what not, so if people are still interested, let them put in their name, and we will sort it out as the date gets more near. We could always do two groups, and do different canyons each day, if we needed to.

Edit: Didn't realize Rock had edited the other list... I will now relinquish all power to the TRUE alpha.

I'm going to have two friends with me.

Also, I'll be in the desert starting on the 20th so if anybody wants to meet up early. . . . .