Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the Most Intense Tattoo You'll Ever See (pic)

davis_b_1

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    davis_b_1

puhlease ... no one's freedom is being attacked here ... catchy buzzword though

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Serious? Is this thread seriously turning into a debate over this idiot? Really?

So, my freedom to call this guy a loser, is being attacked?
    tch. silly silly beech. when have i ever? you guys can spray anything you want. sounds like you're attacking yourselves to me...

I think we're seeing the "PC of the right"

right here on this forum

hee hee....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    Trolling? I don't know. Agrivating? Very.
    Truth stings...

I agree with the Beech, how dare any one attack my freedom to say this guy is a frickin retard and his breeding lisence should be revoked.
    yowza yowza yowza! got a micro-mass-hysteria going on here. one guy cleverly frames the discussion as an attack on freedoms and

the micro-herd emerges...

watch out! stampede!

beech - y'otta be in politics. you'd be a great bad leader. already got the vader thing n' all...

heck, i'd even vote for ya. do a better job than most, i reckon. give it some thought.

I agree with the Beech, how dare any one attack my freedom to say this guy is a frickin retard and his breeding lisence should be revoked.
    Humm... pretty rude thing to say about a person that you don't know. Sounds like good old fashioned labeling to me.

Re: the Most Intense Tattoo You'll Ever See (pic)

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Did anyone besides me notice how ***BEAUTIFUL*** his eyes are????
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Nope, I had a hard time looking beyond his acne. No bid deal about this guys tat, I think I am going to not do this to me however. I probably don't need to worry about this guy stealing my Ipod either.
    ethical pursuit ethical kache

I think this sums it up nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The man thong is wrong.

Apart from the obvious, what is the difference between trying to get attention through nutty tats vs. posting stuff on this board?

I think the difference is real life/reality and Cyberspace. I guess to some extent they overlap but by typing on here and posting "funny" stuff to get a few laughs ends when I turn my computer off and go back to real life. To me it seems very different.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and I guess I stated the obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon
    Apart from the obvious, what is the difference between trying to get attention through nutty tats vs. posting stuff on this board?
    permanence, I'm not usually posting to get attention, I try to do things that respect my body (personal religion coming through) although typing on a forum that doesn't really come into play. Most of all, as I stated before, I can turn this off and go home and leave this all behind. Its not real life to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I'm not usually posting to get attention
    Maybe "attention" is not the right word...seems so negative to folks. but don't we all want attention from others?

Ok, instead let's say: don't we all want interaction with others? Isn't that why we are here? I know it is why I am here. I want people to read my posts and respond...up to a point. I am not strongly "invested" in that desire, but it is nice when it happens. Especially nice when the response is positive.

I'm not usually posting to get attention
    Maybe "attention" is not the right word...seems so negative to some folks. but don't we all want attention from others?

Ok, instead let's say: don't we all want interaction with others? Isn't that why we are here? I know it is why I am here. I want people to read my posts and respond...up to a point. I am not strongly "invested" in that desire, but it is nice when it happens. Especially nice when the response is positive.

I found and interview from the Artist that did the tat.

[quote]Disha: Frank, I came across your works when I saw the skull tattoo, inked by you on a guy

so it is real...wow
    The man thong is wrong.

so it is real...wow
    That's sad. I wonder how he's gonna feel when (and if) he changes his mind about wanting to look like death incarnate?

Or is he going for "the angel of death" look?
    He does have BEAUTIFUL angelic eyes.

Ya gotta wonder what would drive a kid to do something like that?
    Self-hatred? Desire to be different? The ultimate in usurping parental control? The shock and awe value?

I think that a person would have to have some extremely serious mental/emotional issues to go that far "outside" of social & societal norms.

My kids went through all kinds of phases with their "desires to be different". From mohawks, to shaved heads, and some pretty far out clothing. A desire to "stand out" and to "belong" are rational parts of being human and finding our way in life.

So even what I didn't condone (I choose my battles wisely), I put up with for the most part. My kids had (& still have) a ton of freedom.

I drew the line at tattoos and piercings however. My rationale was that it's a permanent label, which they may or may not regret once the "fad" is no longer appealing.

This kids desire was obviously to step FAAAAR outside the bounds of conformity, but what his motivation was is anyone
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Jenna Jameson and her tattoo's.... talk about the train falling off the track!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi
    so it is real...wow
    Or is he going for "the angel of death" look? The Crimson Ghost
    Its The Crimson Ghost The poster for the Max's Kansas City show on 03/28/79 featured the first use of the Crimson Ghost by the band

I have to say, I think there have been some slightly ridiculous statements from some of you folks. I think that you should all remember that regardless of your speculation and personal opinion, you clearly have no idea what the motivation for this tattoo was. and that's the great thing about free will - we are free to decide for ourselves how we want to present ourselves, what modifications if any we want to make to ourselves, and especially think for ourselves. and yes, I know where this argument leads - back to "if it's free will then I'm free to speak my opinion, and that is that this guy is an idiot."

Fine. But Randi - you said
    "Ya gotta wonder what would drive a kid to do something like that? Self-hatred? Desire to be different? The ultimate in usurping parental control? The shock and awe value? "

are those the only choices. just because those are the only things you can imagine, doesn't mean that those are the edges of the world we live in. people may think differently then you, and that's okay too.

Jaxx you said - "I try to do things that respect my body (personal religion coming through)"

Don't bring that into it. Again, you do what you want with your body, I'll do what I want with mine. Your entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean that you have a bead on what's right. it's opinion, and you know what they say about that -everybody's got one, and you know how it smells.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Poor acccccaaaaaddddddaaaaccaaaaaaa