Thread: 11,000 feet in a Jeep, in Utah?

11,000 feet in a Jeep, in Utah?

Just curious... Where do you think the highest points accessible by Jeep in Utah would be? Most of the highest peaks are in the Uintas, but they are all in roadless area. The highest I can remember getting in a vehicle in the Uintas is not quite 11,000' at either Chepeta lake or the Leidy peak trailhead and you could drive to either of those in any vehicle, 4wd not needed.

This summer the highest I've been in a vehicle (my Jeep) was 11,400' where the road ends on the Fish Lake Hightop (4wd not needed there either - but it was kind of rough). Also got above 11,000' on Boulder Mountain, Thousand Lakes mountain, the Tushars and also cracked 11,000 on the flank of Mt. Mellenthin in the La Sals.

So, anyway, I'm wondering where are the highest points accessible by Jeep in the Uintas? Or the highest points accessible by Jeep anywhere in the state? Anywhere to get over 11,000 that I haven't been yet?

Thanks!

- DAA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I spent a lot of time on the boulder, it's my favorite deer hunting spot in Utah. As far as Uintahs you might be able to get that high on Elizabeth peek but I'm not sure.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

The highest I have been to was the Piute ATV trail #1 that goes from Marysville over the top of the Tushars and down to Beaver. It looks like the road tops out around 11,200. If the snow is clear that road I high clearance but not necessary 4X4.

I have been to Chepeta Lake and can

Above Brianhead in SW Utah, doesn't require a Jeep, though. 360 deg view from up there, pretty spectacular. There is an area for mountain bikers to park on the way up.

Win

Looking back to Cedar Breaks:

The little stone house built by the CCC in 1933, Brianhead below:

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com