Thread: Ibapah TR

Ibapah TR

Ibapah Peak, Juab County Highpoint 12,087'

CaverSpencer had set up a geo-event, and I just couldn
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What a fun hike! That was a great group we had!
    I'm not lost... I'm just GeoCaching

Thanks for the TR Mtnman1830 & caverspencer, I have added it to the Utah High Pointing Index . (link working just fine)

I am sooo jealous because, I LOVE IBAPAH!!! Seeing those pictures made me want to cry. Looks like it was great hiking weather. I recognized your camping spot in caverspencer

Good TR and photos. What a great adventure, and looks like a really good group for such an outing.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

We looked for the cave but couldn't find it. We didn't really know where it was so we were searching in vain.

I thought it was a great hike. It is a pretty straight forward hike, I wouldn't consider any harder than other big mountains around here.

Granite Creek canyon is awesome! All the possible climbing routes is a secret that will probably never get out because of the remoteness of the area.

On the way home we went via the Pony Express trail. We saw countless Pronghorn Antelope and some close enough to the road to get a good look. We also saw three wild horses close to the road and a whole herd off in the distance, and all of this was around sunset making a beautiful backdrop. I really like Ibapah and it is definetely a must do.

Here is a link to my web album:http://picasaweb.google.com/madsjim/IbapahJuly2007
    Conquistare al mundo!!!

That indeed is a great hike, the allure enhanced by the spectacular remoteness. I've done it twice and both time have been chased of by thunder. Is the road still blocked off not long after the second stream crossing (leaving a climb of 5000' or so). The first time I did it, it was possible to drive about 1000' higher. How many other people did you encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by brettyb
    That indeed is a great hike, the allure enhanced by the spectacular remoteness. I've done it twice and both time have been chased of by thunder. Is the road still blocked off not long after the second stream crossing (leaving a climb of 5000' or so). The first time I did it, it was possible to drive about 1000' higher. How many other people did you encounter?
    We were lucky enough to have some cloud cover after the meadow, so it wasn't too hot. Yes, the road is still closed shortly after the second stream crossing, due to it being a wilderness study area.

How many people did we encounter? NOBODY. it was great.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    How many people did we encounter? NOBODY. it was great.
    That is awesome to have the whole mountain to yourselves!

Kickin' myself for not calling the boss and doing the "I'm too sick" thing!!
    Fire By Day,
    Fire By Night;
    Everywhere I Go,
    Fire Is My Light!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZ8PaLg4PQQ[/youtube]
    - Edward Abbey

Cool video, wish I could have made it with you guys