Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 8/7 Group Ride - Ogden

Tuesday 8/7 Group Ride - Ogden

How about an Ogden ride? Maples Loop, great trail. I just rode this again tonight, and thought we've gotta do it as a group ride, at least for us northern boys.

Most recent pictures here:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7982

It's a fairly easy climb, 2.75 miles, mixed with a couple of downhills. Then we take a really fun route back, giving us about 4 miles back to the trailhead.

If you are looking for a new trail to ride, this is it. Great downhill through the trees, moose sightings VERY likely.

This is on the border of Snowbasin Resort.

Past pictures and videos:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3308
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2644

Mark and I did this trail tonight, we started at 7! Plenty of time for the commute.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd be there any nuther week, but I'll be out of town.

Im in, just got back from a 17 mile ride up at basin with 2500 feet of climbing, damn Im tired. Maples will be fun!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

How about actually riding up maples rather than Art Nord? A better ride as far as scenery.

That's a pretty long drive from down here at the Fork of the Spaniards. But I think I can swing it.

If anyone from the Provo/Orem area wants to catch a ride with me, I can probably squeeze another bike in the back of my car.

I'll be headed up from 45th south Murray if anyone want's to carpool.

Can you post directions from Salt Lake? What time would I have to leave to get there on time??

Thanks!!!

Karen (Tree)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Can you post directions from Salt Lake? What time would I have to leave to get there on time??
    Yep, there are two ways. The first, I take all the time:

Go up I-15 all the way 'til 12th street. Get off that exit, and head east, towards the canyon. You'll also see Rainbow Gardens, at the mouth of the canyon. Keep going.

You'll make it all the way up to Pineview Dam. Stay on the right side of the dam by going straight. About 1 mile along the dam, watch for Snowbasin Road on the right. Take this.

Wind your way up the road about another mile or two, and you'll see the dirt parking lot on your right.

These Google Earth tools should really help you out, too.

Now, the second route, is taking Trapper's Loop, which connects in Morgan Canyon, and will take you to the upper part of Snowbasin Road. I'm sorry, but I do not have much experience this way. It seems like more hassle than taking the freeway all the way up to 12th street.

For those of you coming from SLC, at this time of day, I would suggest a little over an hour on the road. Sucks, I know.

BUT, you may find it easier to drive up Parley's, go past Park City & Echo, come down through Morgan, and connect with Trapper's Loop.

If you just don't have the time, I would suggest sticking around SLC for tomorrow.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

In-laws just showed up, so I'm out for tomorrow.
    Damn you, vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your wretched womb.

HEY!!! I just found out that the folks are staying home SO< I AM IN FOR THE RIDE! I am so stoked! Fourtycal, I'd carpool with you but I dont know when for sure I am gonna be leaving( I have a 10 am 1 1/2 hour massage first ) . I'll be riding my GT this time and driving my white Nissan Sentra (gas$$$) so be on the lookout for it with a bike rack on back

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I dont know when for sure I am gonna be leaving( I have a 10 am 1 1/2 hour massage first )
    Dude, you're gonna want to take a nap.

I'm not sure what time, what do you guys think? Mark and I started this at 7 last time, and ended just in time for it to get dark.

Shall we say 6:30 at the Art Nord TH?

you just say the word...I'll check back in before I head down. It's only about a 2 hour drive going the 'ogden way' for me from here...and Im sure Im be spending the night somwwhere down in the valley 'cause I WILL be beat!

I'm going to tag along, if Greyhair Biker can drive two hours, I can tolerate one!! :-) yea! :-)

6:30??
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

If anyone is coming from SLC, save yourself some time and take Trappers loop. it will save you at least 30 minutes and is the shortest route. Get off at HWY 89 and then follow the signs to snowbasin. In stead of going into the snowbasin lodge parking lot continue past the entrance and you will be at the trail head (has a Art nord trail head sign and bathrooms) alot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I dont know when for sure I am gonna be leaving( I have a 10 am 1 1/2 hour massage first )
    Dude, you're gonna want to take a nap.

I'm not sure what time, what do you guys think? Mark and I started this at 7 last time, and ended just in time for it to get dark.

Shall we say 6:30 at the Art Nord TH?

I am going to be there at 6:00 and probably climb a little longer up basin. Anyone from SLC is going to want to beat the 5:00 traffic or not they may not make it in time.

EDIT
    Damn you, vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your wretched womb.

Me and ride-on will be there at 6:30, prolly more like before 6 depending on traffic.