Thread: AALASKA.com

AALASKA.com

I am up in Alaska still, and I can't tell you guys how much I miss uutah! I read "Into the Wild" last month and I drive by Healy Alaska (the area where the guy died) all the time. I was trying to find a Alaska version of uutah to ask around, and I couldn't really find much. It was just a good reminder to me of what a great resource uutah and it's members can be.

BTW- If any of you have not read "Into the Wild" you should check it out!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Hey stranger!

Yep. Utah has a lot of deskjockeys.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yep, read it several years ago. Sad story, but well done. I thought of it when I was in AK.

Hope you are having fun up there.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I already tried that site and a couple of others. None of them have the same activity or resources as this site.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I already tried that site and a couple of others. None of them have the same activity or resources as this site.
    Oh, i misunderstood your post. ... I was thinking you were looking for a forum but this is a "Uutah rocks" post.

yeah man, i din't see no Alaska Canyoneering

weak

Into The Wild is a great book. If you have read it, you would be interested in this....

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2LAuzT_x8Ek[/youtube]
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    first thing that came up in google.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...166ec0d2461fbb
    I use that one.... it's great. Lot of good fishing advice. I was just in Alaska had a great time. Here are some pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericchi...7600830050091/

But for anyone going for a relaxing fishing experience, don't fish the Kenai. That is the tourist trap of fishing rivers.

Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Hope your having a great time DiscGo! We will welcome you back to the ole beehive state with open arms!

Mtnman- That movie seems more epic than I expected. What do you think?

Acca- Thanks! And congratulations!

I hope the movie will be good, not some cheezy hollywood sh!t.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Ya gotta understand most Alaskans are maximizing their outdoor time right now and aren't spending much time on the internet (One does that when winter lasts eight months). This is the prime freezer filling season up there. The Outdoor Forum is probably the busiest place for outdoor discussion in Alaska, but remember, there's only 600,000 people in the whole state and over 1/3 live very far away from the nearest road, let alone internet. As a recent transplant from Alaska to SLC, I'm very familiar with places and things to do in Alaska, so if you have a question, ask away and I'll try to answer it.

As for Chris McCandless, the best way to describe him was young, dumb, and with a deathwish (and those just aren't my words). In most Alaskans' eyes, he's right up there with Tim Treadwell and the other "end-of-the-roaders".

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum