Thread: just perfect

just perfect

got a hike in from pass lake th today. ahhhhhhh... PERFECT day for it. the type of day that fits perfectly my concept of what mountain outings should be. it was mystic and moody, the land seeming not quite tolerant of my presence. started overcast w/ occasional blue sky peeking thru as i wandered down and back up the weber river a bit. by cuberant lake it was dark and threatening. just before i gained the ridge of mount marsell it began to thunder. once atop it the wind kicked hard, trying to blow me off ! rain stayed se though, i was just on the fringe. by lofty lake it had moved and i was in it. a nice, soft drizzle that accompanied me back to pass lake th. then it was relaxin w/ the miles davis quintet all the way home. saw a doe in reids meadowand a girl moose olong the road as i was driving back, down by the north fork th.

good times.

pretty little fall down from reids meadow a bit

natures child

eminence front, its a put on...
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This loop is on my list. I can't wait to get up there. Looks like you had a great day, and the rain must have felt nice after all of the triple digit days we've had lately.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    This loop is on my list. I can't wait to get up there. Looks like you had a great day, and the rain must have felt nice after all of the triple digit days we've had lately.
    rain felt GREAT. didn't like the wind (not as hard as it was up high and exposed anyway) but i got on the leeward side real quick. it is a very nice loop. especially liked the views atop mt marsell. teh bench w/ cuberant and others to the nw and all those littel lakes ne were just begging me to come and visit. another time... mt marsell is easy to gain from cuberant and was not difficult to descend to the east (a little steep but never a problem).

2 thumbs up, just like every other hike i've had in the uintas.
    signature