Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 7/31 Group Ride :: Park City Trails

Tuesday 7/31 Group Ride :: Park City Trails

Where do ya'll want to ride?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WELL, you COULD come up here and ride...he said jokingly...but I'd be willing to come down there and ride if we're not camping

Could do BST and Bobsled again. How about some of the trail trails over in Draper like Clark's or Ghost Falls? I'd do Millcreek again. What about Mormon Pioneer?

Maybe this will help: I put together a Google Map of all of the trials (heads) listed on UtahMountainBiking.com. If nothing else it gives an idea how far away they are from the city.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...2609575e657b74

I've been itching to get up and ride in park city, any trail up there would be awesome for me. A little cooler, nice ride and really not that far away!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'd be willing to spend the little extra drive time to ride some trials in Park City - there's so many there I haven't done. What about the downhill runs near Kimball Junction (24/7, Dropout, Ant Farm)? Or the Glenwild Loop? There's a new trial called Flying Dog that was added to Glenwild that I hear is really good. Then there's all the trail around Deer Valley, The Canyons, Park City Mountain Resort, Round Valley, etc.

You name it KanyonKris and I'll show up. You have mentioned several that we have not ridden this year. I would be game to try something new.

What about Mid mountain? Something in that area? I am open for suggestions! I would even bring the light if needed, or wouldnt mind doing a group ride that ends with the lights getting turned on. I have 1 spare light I could let someone borrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KanyonKris
    I'd be willing to spend the little extra drive time to ride some trials in Park City - there's so many there I haven't done. What about the downhill runs near Kimball Junction (24/7, Dropout, Ant Farm)? Or the Glenwild Loop? There's a new trial called Flying Dog that was added to Glenwild that I hear is really good. Then there's all the trail around Deer Valley, The Canyons, Park City Mountain Resort, Round Valley, etc.
    Thats on my way home from work anyway. But I would love to ride any of those trails!
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

How about this: We met at the trial head near Kimball Junction and ride the Stealth trail out to the DH/FR trails (24-7, Dropout and Ant Farm). From here riders could choose to stay and play on the DH/FR trails or do the Glenwild Loop. XC and DH/FR harmony achieved! Here are some links:

24-7, Dropout, Ant Farm (called Team Cutthroat)

Glenwild

If we have time, there is another loop added onto Glenwild called Flying Dog that is supposed to be good.

Flying dog

KanyonKris, you're right, Flying dog is fun. Very pretty too. Here's a suggestion: If you want to do Flying dog but still be able to loop back easily with the DH folks back at 24/7, try this. Take Stealth to 24/7, and then up on the Flying dog. A little ways (1/4 mile or so) in on the Flying dog is the Preserve connector trail. If you take this it will put you out a little below the summit on the other side of Flying dog. Turn left, climb to the summit and then enjoy the downhill through the quakies back to 24/7 and the rest of the crew. Staying on Flying Dog and taking it all the way around puts you on to cobblestone and then to Glenwild and probably 5-6 sagebrushy miles away from the anyone back at the DH trails.

This trail is nice enough maybe I'll invite myself along! What time do you all meet again?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sounds like a plan to me. Where should we meet? What time? etc, etc. directions. . .

On my 2007 Park City map the Preserve trail dead ends. It sounds it's been completed to connect back into the east side of Flying Dog now. Cool! That will allow us to hit the best parts of Flying Dog and keep the miles down since we only have so much daylight after work.

Let's meet at the Glenwild trail head at 6:00. Here are the directions from the UtahMountainBiking.com page (link above):

[quote]Getting there: At the I-80 Park City exit, go north (left from the exit if you're coming from SLC) to the frontage road. Turn right. About 1/4 mile later at the second road on your left, turn left. Spot the parking area, with bathroom and trail map kiosk, just before the creek. GPS N 40

I will be there, been waiting to ride in Park City... Nice plan.

I'm in. Anyone heading up from the North?

Im in!
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I'm in. Anyone heading up from the North?

I'll be leaving from 33rd, but going back home to Layton if you need a ride back?

Hey Kris, Is your wife going? I know that caburt is thinking about it, but doesn't like to be the only girl. Go figure!

Was gonna go up Payson Canyon by myself on Tuesday. This will be more fun. I'm there.

Can someone bring a UUTAH.COM shirt for me to buy???

I'm thinking about joining up. If I do, I'll have the shirts with me. If not, I'll ship it to you for free, or have accadacca bring them.