Thread: Mueller Park TR - 7/17

Mueller Park TR - 7/17

It was a great night, except for the fact I smashed my camcorder. How? A tree? Rock? Amazing endo?

No.

It fell out of my helmet when I pulled it out of the truck, onto the pavement. I give up. But this means no more video from me, for a very long time. $$$

[/sob story]

So, KanyonKris, PunchKing, accadacca, caburt, and I had a pretty good ride tonight in the rain. The weather scared away 90% of the crowds tonight, and we probably saw only 2 other bikers on the trail.

The temperature was nice. The rain was just a drizzle. The clouds were cool, and the thunder rolled in the distance. We kept trying to catch a lightning bolt on camera, but no luck. We kept missing by half a second.

KanyonKris made it to the Flats, and the rest of us just "regulated" on the big rock.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dude, bummer on the camera. Sorry to hear that. Methinks it was a conspiracy by those RIAA cronies...

As a side note, why don't you try a smaller camera that can mount directly on your helmet so you don't have to have a lipstick camera and then the camcorder? I realize the lipstick has its functions, but for mt. biking, there are some pretty nice little 8 ounce cameras that do a good job...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Dude, bummer on the camera. Sorry to hear that. Methinks it was a conspiracy by those RIAA cronies...

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    As a side note, why don't you try a smaller camera that can mount directly on your helmet so you don't have to have a lipstick camera and then the camcorder?
    That would be nice, and I started looking around for a different setup a while ago. The helmetcam I have now is waterproof, great for boating, or even in the rain. Then, I can quickly grab the camcorder for some detailed hand shot footage.

The small ones are nice, but having the camcorder option is good for quick handheld shooting.

But now it doesn't matter, because I still need to buy another camcorder for home videos.

My first time on this trail - wow - it's certainly one of the best in the state! The rain was actually nice - refreshingly cool, but not cold - especially since it's been so hot. The trail didn't get muddy, just wet - a few places water was running down it. It was nice to essentially have the trail to ourselves - I didn't see anyone after 5 miles until I met you guys at Elephant Rock. I hope you guys didn't wait long. It was so quiet on the upper trail - just me and the bike - serenity now. I had an OK pace going and made it up in just over an hour. Those clouds were sure threatening looking - good thing the lightning went to the north and we didn't get really poured on. Going down was like a long roller coaster ride - doesn't get much sweeter. Thanks for arranging the group ride and letting me go ahead - I really wanted to ride the whole thing since it will probably be a while before I get to ride it again. This ride put a big grin on my face!

Sorry to hear about the camcorder - bummer.

Nice pics it Looks so dramatic up there. Sucks about your camera.. Does caburt have her eyes open in that first shot... wow she does.

I can't help it! It's a syndrome! I always get caught with my eyes closed. Here are my pics from the ride. It was a lot of fun and definitely a great trail for less confident riders :) It did get a little muddy though, and I've got the pics to prove it.
    Attached Images Attached Images             

I wish I could have joined you guys. Wasn't feeling much like riding yesterday. I was down at the Bountiful Costco looking up at the Rock which was right under a HUGE double rainbow.

Next time.

This picture lets me know that my oreo cookie diet is paying off.

So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing
    You must not dump the black cookie!!! Your brain processes the cookie part, and turns the white frosting into muscle matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing

You look stoned.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    You look stoned.
    I knew I shouldn't have missed this ride, If only I had known that is how y'all were going to roll! hangin high on the big rock

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    You look stoned.
    I knew I shouldn't have missed this ride, If only I had known that is how y'all were going to roll! hangin high on the big rock
    Yup, Carrie brought the goods and we all lit one up.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    You look stoned.
    Yup, Carrie brought the goods and we all lit one up.
    Hey, all I brought was the Captain You think I drove 14 hours back from Oregon and still had chronic for you guys? Haha! I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by caburt
    [Hey, all I brought was the Captain You think I drove 14 hours back from Oregon and still had chronic for you guys? Haha! I kid.
    Caburt:

Where is your three girl posse? They bailin' on ya?
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Quote Originally Posted by caburt
    [Hey, all I brought was the Captain You think I drove 14 hours back from Oregon and still had chronic for you guys? Haha! I kid.
    Caburt:

Where is your three girl posse? They bailin' on ya?
    Yeah, kind of. One of them has a boyfriend now and the other almost came, but work shit came up. One day they prodigal daughters will return.