Page 37 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Pictures Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Tom's all like..... "holy shit guys... check it out.... she has Guitar Hero!!!"

Attachment 58219

Rockgremlin's all like: "Wow! She's Christian! She must be a chaste young woman"
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Dance View Post
    If you youtube "hide yo kids hide yo wife," you'd realize this was not a racist comment at all, as this person actually said those words on television. And I absolutely would show that to my grandmother, and she'd laugh hysterically.

Maybe a different person can explain it better:

I can’t help thinking that Dodson’s new-found popularity is not about shared frustration over crime or violence against women. On threads around the ‘net, Dodson is branded “hilarious.” But what is so funny about Antoine Dodson? Part of the Dodson meme is, I fear, about laughing at mannerisms that the mainstream associates with blackness, gayness and poverty. There is nothing amusing about a young woman assaulted in her home. And so, I worry that people are laughing at Antoine: his flamboyance and perceived gayness; his use of black colloquialisms, like “run tell dat,” his grammar and accent.
    In her book Reality Bites Back, Jennifer Pozner writes about how reality TV producers seek out characters that provide drama, including those that reinforce stereotypes about race and gender. In a rapidly shifting media landscape, has this thinking made it into the newsroom, effecting the way reality reality is presented?
    Call me solemn, but I simply couldn’t muster up enough smugness to laugh at a poor, black, widely assumed to be gay man being interviewed outside of a housing project; a man who was filled with genuine anger over the fact his sister was attacked in her own home, but who ends up turned into an object of mockery because of his “stereotypical” mannerisms by pretty much every group under the sun if for different reasons.
    Presenting caricatures or stereotypes of race (and gender) in this fashion is a form of racism. It reinforces racism.

The "he said it" argument just doesn't float.

The fact that what he said was about an attempted rape makes the meme even less funny.

5. Likes DiscGo, ratagonia liked this post

Re: Funny Pictures Thread

Quote Originally Posted by restrac2000 View Post
    Maybe a different person can explain it better:

Presenting caricatures or stereotypes of race (and gender) in this fashion is a form of racism. It reinforces racism.

The "he said it" argument just doesn't float.

The fact that what he said was about an attempted rape makes the meme even less funny.
    Define racism however you want; it's still funny and well within the RULZ, so not much you can do besides whine and moan with your liberal and "compassionate" friends.
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

Re: Funny Pictures Thread

This thread is for funny pictures... please take the whining and moral judgement to anther thread or I will.

If you don't think a picture is funny just scroll to the next or don't visit this thread.

Sent using Tapatalk

8. Likes Udink liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Used to be made from hemp too...the Declaration of Independence is printed on hemp paper.....but now hemp is as illegal as Heroin. The U.S. is the ONLY country on earth that doesn't grow hemp, even though we use it in a wide variety of applications. Utter stupidity...
    Yeah.

The only thing stupider is our collective remedial inaction.

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    Tom, this is why we have police in society. We desire people to behave and self-police. But, there are just some who are incapable of it.

On Bogley, we who participate hope that everyone will self-police and understand the purpose of the basement and the rubbish bin. There are some who just can't grasp the concept or the distinction of the rubbish bin. Problem is, the police here (moderators) seem to feel a bit guilty or perhaps a wee tad hypocritical if they moderate due to some of their own misplaced posts. I for one would appreciate the moderators moving a few more things downstairs. I know, I know....time, effort all that stuff for which they neither get paid or thanked.

(Thanks guys for the site. Although I have a hard time clicking certain threads that I used to view due to content issues, I still read a lot of the forums).
    Bogley doesn't have moderators. It has Animators, Instigators and Content providers, but no moderators.

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This thread is for funny pictures... please take the whining and moral judgement to anther thread or I will.

If you don't think a picture is funny just scroll to the next or don't visit this thread.

Sent using Tapatalk
    This thread is for funny pictures... please take the whining and moral judgement about whining and moral judgement to another thread.

Carry on...

13. Likes hank moon liked this post
    Name:  calmpanic.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  41.9 KB
    Just where is it I could find bear, beaver, and other critters worth cash money when skint?

15. Likes DiscGo, ratagonia liked this post
    Let's get this train back on track!

Name:  random-9.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  62.1 KB

Name:  random-15.jpg
Views: 1229
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  random-13.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  random-10.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  62.5 KB

17. Likes ratagonia liked this post

22. Likes DiscGo liked this post

I saw Tom post a picture that was making a joke about a kid friendly character wanting to dispose of a corpse..... well shit guys, that should be in the rubbish bin

And to keep this thread on topic (as everyone should, since it is for pictures) a picture:

Name:  295361_493384857341720_353363043_n.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  30.0 KB
    Name:  9359.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  216.4 KB
    Customizable Adult & Kids shirts, onesies, and More
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CheaperThanShirt

Name:  random-25.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  61.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

28. Likes Candace66, rockgremlin liked this post