Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: **UUTAH Fantasy Football 2007**

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    If either of them turds had of played I would not be in the cellar making out with Crappeybriggs.
    Seriously, you gotsta be careful. You don't want to roll with me, cuz I just might kick your ass some week, and that would just make a miserable football season even worse for you. I mean, first UNLV destroys Utah. And then you lose to Apostate? Might as well slit your wrists at that point.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Beaners is getting lucky - look at his total points.
    Do you want to take this statement back

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Dude, Team Apostate is gonna rape you this week!

And this one

Hey man, at least it was kinda close this week. Granted, Brady is a nice get, but I was only down 7 after Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Hey man, at least it was kinda close this week. Granted, Brady is a nice get, but I was only down 7 after Sunday.
    Yeah it was a good week, nice to see that you are getting a chance to manage the team, it makes it fun watching all the games on sunday.

Cool, now BULGER is gone too. My team is like the friggin' walking wounded man. And the best QB left? Trent muthafriggin' Green. Who would you start, David Garrard or Trent Green?

Is it typical to keep two quarterbacks on the roster? Also, Baltimore's D has been horrible this year? Is it worth trading them out? Or is D not really worth that much? I think I've averaged like 2 or 3 points a week with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Cool, now BULGER is gone too. My team is like the friggin' walking wounded man. And the best QB left? Trent muthafriggin' Green. Who would you start, David Garrard or Trent Green?

Is it typical to keep two quarterbacks on the roster? Also, Baltimore's D has been horrible this year? Is it worth trading them out? Or is D not really worth that much? I think I've averaged like 2 or 3 points a week with them.
    Seriously slim pickins on the QBs. I would go with neither of your options. I would go after either Damon Huard or Chad Pennington, and I would favor Chad out of the two. He appears to be the most solid option among the remaining good (or somewhat good) QBs.

Baltimore's D is an enigma. I had their defense last year, and they were money -- consistently the best D every single week. Some weeks I would get 20+ points outta them. Baltimore's D is one reason why I went all the way last year. I'm tempted to say hold on to them for at least another week or two, and if they still suck, then dump em, but Detroit's D has doubled Baltimore's D in points so far this year, and at the number two spot (AND STILL AVAILABLE IN THE WAIVERS!!) I would have to recommend dumping Baltimore for Detroit. I never woulda thought Minnesota's D would be the best so far this year. They sucked last year.

Just a few thoughts -- hope this helps.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I picked up Trent Green to start for me this week. He got a concussion in the first quarter. Boy, I know how to pick 'em.

Damn, I almost pulled off an upset this week... If only Trent Green would've had 3 total points, instead of 2. Fat Fish, you luckily escaped a humiliating loss...

Seriously, who's QB's only score 2 points in a game? Oh yeah, MINE. And I stupidly put Figurs in at WR, thinking you get points for return yards. Do we do that in this league? Apparently he didn't get any points yesterday, either. Whoops.

We DO get points for return yards in this league. That was something I and a few others really pushed for after last season.

That sucks about you losing by 1 stinkin point! I completely understand. Injuries are KILLING the Injuns. Or I guess I should say "supposed injuries." Anquan Boldin gets a little bruise on his hip, and suddenly he's out for three consecutive games. Marvin Harrison gets a little bruise on his knee, and he's out for close to a month! COME ON!!! Get your lace-curtain, pansy-asses out on the field and earn those millions of dollars you get paid!! Sometimes I swear NFL players are as bad as international soccer players when it comes to injuries.

- The donkey defense got absolutely kicked in the teeth.

- Romo has already thrown 4 picks.

Bloody bad week for the ballz. . .

WTF?! What a game! Cowboys are 5-0!

Nick Folk is my new hero. A rookie that steps up in the clutch and knocks down two consecutive 53-yd FGs with no time left on the clock to win the game!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Even better that I picked him up off the waivers last week! HAHA!

Nick Folk is my new hero. A rookie that steps up in the clutch and knocks down two consecutive 53-yd FGs with no time left on the clock to win the game!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Even better that I picked him up off the waivers last week! HAHA!
    I figured you'd love him after what he did to BYU last year...

BTW, if any of you monkeys need a decent QB, I just dumped Rothlisberger out into the waivers cause I'm hard up for a QB during my bye week (Ben's bye falls on the same week as Peyton's).

Ben won't be active this week, but he's doing pretty well this season. So if your current QB sucks, act fast.

Already took him...

I just started a thread on suggestions for the 2008 FF season.

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8912

I think we really screwed up our 2007 Fantasy Football system, it's not very good and based almost totally on how well your QB does. The QB's are suppling 1/2 the points for most teams. If your QB has a bad day you are toast.....

I do think the current system is fair, because everyone works under the same rules. I just thought it was more fun last year because you had more players to watch. This year I really only watch my QB and I know immediately if I should be laughing or crying.

In my case it's usually crying.... Drew Brees has to be the years biggest bust/disappointment..... that sucker averages less the 20 points per game. Hell.... Gus Frerotte and Damon Huard have better numbers.

Rock is chickenshit or he would start Drew Brees this week.

Looks like Rock shoulda started Brees... He looks like the Brees of old.

As for me... I had the best week yet. I'm still gonna lose. It's halftime for Ice and his three high octane players. Not looking good. Can you say Oh-fer-six?

BTW, if any of you monkeys need a decent QB, I just dumped Rothlisberger out into the waivers cause I'm hard up for a QB during my bye week (Ben's bye falls on the same week as Peyton's).

Ben won't be active this week, but he's doing pretty well this season. So if your current QB sucks, act fast.
    This is the whole reason I don't agree with the waivers this year. In all of my leauges I use my waivers very wise and will wait untill these later weeks and every week I am getting hosed on any pickups because I am in first.