Thread: Achieved 2 (unimportant) lifetime goals yesterday...

Achieved 2 (unimportant) lifetime goals yesterday...

Ok, so before anyone thinks these were groundbreaking events...they weren't.

I consider myself an athletic guy, but basketball is by far my favorite and most successful sport. I played a lot of baseball growing up, but mainly because my dad LOVES baseball, don't get me wrong I like baseball, but it's not my favorite sport to play, plus I got hit by pitches so many freaking times it ruined my psyche at the plate.

So growing up in baseball I ALWAYS wanted to hit a home run (not counting little kid baseball where you hit a grounder that rolls past everyone and you get a home run, I wanted to hit it over the fence. I'm not a power hitter though so it never happened.

Well after quitting baseball before high school to play basketball year round I didn't play til I got to college and went and played on my bro-in-laws softball team. Now I'm not trying to say softball is the sport of champions, but it's a blast. Anyway, 2 years ago I finally knocked my first ball out of the park (the thing barely squeaked out of the yard), but yesterday I reached my two other goals...

A grand slam, and a sure thing homer. I've always thought it was awesome to see MLB guys hit a home run and just stand there, then start walking cuz they know it's gone.

I came up in the first inning with the bases loaded and hit a line drive that just never dropped. I wasn't trying to hit it out and didn't think it had a prayer of getting out at all. Either way, it was cool for me.

Then in our second game after realizing I was hitting the ball well I came up to bat and took the first pitch outside and some clown on their sideline says to their pitcher "he's taking all the way, just give him something to hit" as if I'm some clown who is just hoping to walk (which is severely frowned upon in softball as a pansy move since you can hit even the bad pitches when they're lobbing them in). So, even though softball/baseball isn't my best sport I'm still an overly competitive person and got pissed off that this guy was ragging on me like that. The very next pitch was FAT, so perfect and I just unloaded on it. As soon as it left the bat there was no doubt it was gone. As I was finishing my swing I said "I ain't taking that S---" and just watched it go (3 run HR). It felt great, and was a much more momentous occasion for me than it was really worth. Seriously if I wasn't me I probably would have laughed at me. But it was cool for me.

Anyway, if you read through all that you're devoted! Just thought I'd share my accomplishments. I'm sure there are tons of you on here who can crush HR's with no problem, but I'm a singles/doubles hitter so this was a good night for me.

As you can see, I'm no beefcake.... :)

Say goodbye to that one

I'm a switch hitter, so after hitting my first HR I batted left the rest of the game to try and hit a HR lefty (another goal) but the best I got was a warning track line drive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The sun even shines on a dog's ass somedays.....

Seriously though, good on ya!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: Achieved 2 (unimportant) lifetime goals yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    Ok, so before anyone thinks these were groundbreaking events...they weren't.
    Sure they were...otherwise you would not be here looking for recognition. Let me be the first in this thread to congratulate you.

F*CK YEAH!

hope that's not offensive to anyone - good vibes!

Keep swingin' QuenteK25!

hank

Lol, so they were groundbreaking for this beanpole yes!

Thanks guys!