Thread: What do you think of this fundraiser idea?

What do you think of this fundraiser idea?

Some of you may remember the Ben and Jerry's day where you donate some money in lieu of an ice cream cone, and the funds went to No More Homeless Pets in Utah (http://www.utahpets.org/). They made over $2,500 in one day and NMHPU didn't have to do alot! It took the right person to ask the right business.

I'm thinking of this endeavor for Logan for the rescue I volunteer for. Seems like an easy concept. (Endeavor meaning find a business who will "sponsor" us for a day and give us the proceeds.)

We don't have a Ben & Jerry's, but we have the Cafe Ibis coffee shop. I've seen it done elsewhere around the US - like "CaPOOCHino Day" or "Coffee Helps Critters" and the store will donate a certain % of their sales on their house blend coffee for that day/hours. The store donates flyers and advertisement as a tax-write off too.

Then I'm thinking - this is Logan - would that even work? There aren't alot of coffee drinker/buyers per capita here. Try it anyway? Try another store instead?

Just bouncing the idea off a few fellow Utahns who may know Logan...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: What do you think of this fundraiser idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Some of you may remember the Ben and Jerry's day where you donate some money in lieu of an ice cream cone, and the funds went to No More Homeless Pets in Utah (www.utahpets.org). They made over $2,500 in one day and NMHPU didn't have to do alot! It took the right person to ask the right business.

I'm thinking of this endeavor for Logan for the rescue I volunteer for. Seems like an easy concept. (Endeavor meaning find a business who will "sponsor" us for a day and give us the proceeds.)

We don't have a Ben & Jerry's, but we have the Cafe Ibis coffee shop. I've seen it done elsewhere around the US - like "CaPOOCHino Day" or "Coffee Helps Critters" and the store will donate a certain % of their sales on their house blend coffee for that day/hours. The store donates flyers and advertisement as a tax-write off too.

Then I'm thinking - this is Logan - would that even work? There aren't alot of coffee drinker/buyers per capita here. Try it anyway? Try another store instead?

Just bouncing the idea off a few fellow Utahns who may know Logan...
    Just put up some hot chicks in bikini's and you can sell ice to an eskimo!
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Ha! I'm only one woman!

Seriously though, some hot girls in small clothes passed around empty pitchers at the White Owl and raised $1200 for Sub for Santa in one night! I don't have access to that many hot girls though!

Ha! I'm only one woman!

Seriously though, some hot girls in small clothes passed around empty pitchers at the White Owl and raised $1200 for Sub for Santa in one night! I don't have access to that many hot girls though!
    Well, improvise young lady....march over to the local Hooter's and plead your case to some of the lovely ladies! Tell them it is for a good cause.

Maybe you could use strippers, and have a "all-natural nature day." haha....whoops, I was dreaming again....sorry, back to my hole.
    ~Jason

Walk into that coffee shop and ask, the worst they could say is no. It sounds like a good idea, just see what others have done and how they went about it before you do. Little research

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Ha! I'm only one woman!

Well, improvise young lady....march over to the local Hooter's and plead your case to some of the lovely ladies! Tell them it is for a good cause.

Maybe you could use strippers, and have a "all-natural nature day." haha....whoops, I was dreaming again....sorry, back to my hole.
    We're talking Logan dear! No Hooters.

You aren't too far off! NMHPU already did that idea - targeting men who think neutering their dogs is unmasculine. Hooters for Neuters! Derstuka - you should volunteer next time!

Quote Originally Posted by derstuka
    Ha! I'm only one woman!

We're talking Logan dear! No Hooters.

You aren't too far off! NMHPU already did that idea - targeting men who think neutering their dogs is unmasculine. Hooters for Neuters! Derstuka - you should volunteer next time!
    Does that mean I got to oil up the girls to make sure nobody gets a sunburn?? An oil boy? I would be very thorough at it let me tell you!

BTW, what is NMHPU? Whoops, forget it. I got it now. No more homeless pets....
    ~Jason

Shan,

In all seriousness (hey, I was serious about the hooter's girls though), do like was mentioned, and stroll into some coffee places or other businesses, and see if they are game. All they can do is tell you to "F off", just playing....they can only say no. They can probably use it on their taxes as a right off.
    ~Jason