Thread: High Altitude Problems

High Altitude Problems

My Rubicon was running real crappy last sat when I went up to Bear River, I'm not sure of the actual elevation but I know its near 10,000 feet. It was coughing and sputterung and had little power. Its an 06' model and has never done this before I think it has something to do with the air up there. Does anyone know how to fix this problem via rejetting or any other methods?
    2006' Honda Rubicon 26" Mud Lite XTR's 2500lb Winch
    1989' Honda 250R Laeger Everything, Durablue Axle. 310 Big Bore ported, Pollished, Milled. PEP Shocks. Paul Turner Pipe & Silencer. Renthal Bars. Custom Air Box K&N Filter. Runnin 110

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

A fuel injected vehicle should automatically compensate for air mixture. My carb'd Scout doesn't have any problems at altitude. I've wheeled it around 10,000 feet many times without issue.

Further evidence that j**ps are sh*t. Just poking fun of course.

It might be worth it to take it into the dealer and have it checked out.

yeah the dealer is my next step I have just been getting off of work to late. Just trying to see if anyone else has ever had this problem, and my rubicon is a Honda Rubicon not a Jeep so it is not EFI its carborated.
    1989' Honda 250R Laeger Everything, Durablue Axle. 310 Big Bore ported, Pollished, Milled. PEP Shocks. Paul Turner Pipe & Silencer. Renthal Bars. Custom Air Box K&N Filter. Runnin 110

Running at those altitudes you may have to have the carb re-jetted for it.

Nice try Scout If it was a Jeep problem he wouldn't have asked about it in this section

My first thought is a restricted air-filter, it happened to my honda once. I take better care now. I never had to jet my hondas but one size down main jet sounds like the ticket.

Doh, now I get it. Yeah, rejet it. I jet mine for around 8000 feet. Half way between home (4500) and max use (12000).

Still, j**ps are sh*t.

I agree on the jeep thing, However I talked to the dealer he said they rejet everyone they sale in this area due to elevation. I ordered K&N Filter, outerware and Jet Kit. The Honda shop said to go with a 155 main instead of the stock 162 main. I'm sure the new filter will get me more air than the grease soaked turd thats on there now. Thanks for the input I'll let you know how it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lets us know Inquiring minds want to know