Thread: Fiddlers Elbow now a private club? UGH!

Fiddlers Elbow now a private club? UGH!

Went to grab a bite at one of my favorite Sugarhouse haunts....and I get informed that its now a private club.

Ugh.

Got a tad bummed, especially when they suggested I go next door to SLP&P, which I know is owned by the same folks.

They didn't have to do it, but, was "highly suggested" by the UDABC or some such. Percentage of food v alcohol sales was the excuse given.

Ugh.

Parkin' lot was empty on Saturday night, and, I wondered why. Now I know.

Its not that I can't afford a club membership, heck, its only 12 bucks per year. But, I don't go there to drink, I go there to eat. Ticks me off.

Been going there since it was the Shed. I'm bummed!

Anyone else?

-Brian in SLC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I only used to eat there about once a year (often with Brian after an REI event).... but I guess it will now be zero times a year.

I really don't need anther club membership. I wish the UDABC would come up with something like a season pass to all the SLC clubs for $25 or something.

Add me to the bummed list. Only go when I have a craving for their fish and chips, the ones that were not on the menu any more but could always get them to make. They use salmon and have never found anybody else that makes fish and chips with salmon.
    Live Life, Don't Watch Life!

Even before it became a private club, we got quite a shock a year or so ago when we walked down to Fiddlers for a rare meal out, with our infant daughter. Alas, we weren't allowed in--no kids! Because they used to have a tavern license I think? It was quite a disappointment. Haven't been back since. Now the private club thing...