Thread: First Hammongog trail

First Hammongog trail

I'm trying to find some info on the 1st Hommongog trail near Alpine. How do I access the trail head. Any info would be appreciated.
    Life's to short to short to spend indoors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This used to be accessed from the school bus springs road, (something like that) but now has been closed by Lehi City I believe because it is a water source for the city. I would love to know if there is another access also, sorry just to tag on here, but that is all I've got.
    ethical pursuit ethical kache

It's not closed. It is accessed through Alpine City. I can't remember the actual directions, but I believe you just take main street north out of town, and it ends at the trailhead... I'll get more details this afternoon for sure.

My family and I will try to find the 1st Hammongog trail-head tomorrow, I'll let you know if we succeed.
    DC-Explorer

I have only been on the trail once but that was from the top as we skied down from near the Pfiefferhorn. I have never been to the trailhead from the bottom but it was pretty straight forward right outside of Alpine. It was dirt with a little circle turnaround. Small enough town that you could figure it out easily by going there.

1st Hammongog

This morning my family and I tried to access the trail head. unfortunately it seams to be blocked. I followed north main out of Alpine, passed all the beautiful homes in the canyon. At the end of the road their stood a very large gate with a sign,"No Trespassing" in bold. So that ended our adventure and the search for 1st Hammongog. However thanks for the info.

Timpanogos filled our morning, I forgot how spectacular it is.

DC-Explorer
    DC-Explorer

I am 100 percent sure this trail is not closed. I will email my brother, who has been on this trail recently and get the scoop. Will post more tomorrow.

Here is the map, in the meantime.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Okay, I got the scoop. The trail is still open, but there is an access trail that skirts the private property. It breaks off the main trail on the east and heads directly north, reconnecting with the Hamongog trail up the mountain aways. Rumor is the trail is steep and not very nice, so its kinda ugly.

Attached is the map to get there.

My first map was incorrect, it has the trail leaving from the Dry Creek TH. The actual trail follows the 4WD road next to the water tanks on the topo map.
    Attached Images Attached Images