Thread: Emerald Lake

Emerald Lake

asdf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome pics Summit. Looks like its time to get my butt up on Timp again. Glad to see the wildflowers are hanging in there...

Just posted my TR from Saturday... This hike kicked my butt. But we did go all the way to the summit and down. Did you see the Mother goat and her kid?
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Quote Originally Posted by ericchile
    This hike kicked my butt.
    Me too! every freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by ericchile
    Did you see the Mother goat and her kid?
    Yes, just before Emerald Lake on the left. Mother and kid... The only goats we saw they were too far off to get good pics.
    My wife and I went up there a few years ago and ran into the entire herd, we walked right in the middle of them.

i'm jealous. i should have been there. as for the goats, I'm sure if you hadn't brought that stinky hippy along, they might have shown up.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

You know, for all of the hiking I've done in the Wasatch I've never seen any goats. Or moose. Or deer. Maybe I need to shower more often.

Aren't you a trail runner? And you take dogs with you? And you don't shower? Three strikes man. You gotsta go stealthy.

But seriously, come down to the South Wasatch, and you'll see some serious wildlife, especially on the lesser visited peaks. I've seen goats, bighorn, deer, elk and moose in the last two months. They hide in the typical locations, just gotta spot them. I'm sure there is alot in SL County too, but I never spend time up there, so I'm not sure where they hang.

For goats, Box Elder is a guarantee. There is at least 3 dozen near the summit. The American Fork and Rock Canyon big horn herds are flourishing as well, though I have alot more luck with them in the winter. Can't seem to find them in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Aren't you a trail runner? And you take dogs with you? And you don't shower? Three strikes man. You gotsta go stealthy.
    Well, actually, I do shower. But, guilty on the other two. Although, I don't always take my dog with me. (He looks so sad when I go out without him though).

Excellent report and pix.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1