Thread: I'm going back to school.

I'm going back to school.

I've recently decided (though I've through about it plenty of time before) to go back to school to get a masters. I have helped so many grad students at my current job, taught them the computer applications they need to get their project done, help compile their data - and they go on to get the degree and the nice salary. Now it's time for me to buckle down and get it done! It's going to take a LONG time since I'm going into a field I have no undergraduate background in (but it's of interest and applicable to my current job), and I will still be working and only taking 2 classes at a time. I've been in summer school for a few weeks (calculus), studying for the GRE, and it's going well so far!

I hope I can make it through this (aka not get fed up around year 3)! Wish me luck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

good luck shan and stick widit.

Wow, thanks for all the support guys and gals! I mean Stefan!

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    Wow, thanks for all the support guys and gals! I mean Stefan!
    Congrats on continuing your education! You can never have enough education! What school are you going to?
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Hee thanks!

I'm going into Engineering (Water Resources/Hydrology division). I work with rivers now and always enjoyed it/wanted to learn more about it. I work for USU and it's half priced tuition, plus I can work 30 hours/week and keep all my benefits! My boss is 100% supportive, in fact he'll be my adviser.

sounds like you've got a great plan

let us know how you're enjoying it. also i'd certainly be interested in hearing about some of the cool things you're learning about/studying.

I've been out of school for over 20 years and I still have the following dreams every now and again....

I have a final and can't find my class.

I can't remember my locker combination.

I'm naked in class

Anyone else still have these dreams? Or was i just hoping to give Shan something to think about.

Good Luck

Good luck, Shan. I hope you get your degree and that it brings what you want.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Good luck Shan. I'm currently going through something similar and it is tough. The hardest thing is (as you've already pointed out) how long it takes. When you can only take a few classes here and there it seems like forever. Just prepare yourself for that and plan on finding ways to persist.

And...just keep in mind that after you are done you can have everyone call you Master Shan.
    The gostak distims the doshes.

never pass up the chance for more education. I am looking to go back and work on my business degree...and/or finish my interior design stuff(dont laugh, I was a designer before I was an underground miner). Now, I have done so much with the biking industry that I could do something with that too...so many possibilities! ..Good Luck!