Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPhone hype

IPhone hype

Sooooo....who all is caught up in this iphone hype?? Anybody gonna wait in line today to get one? There are a few people here and there waiting outside AT&T and Apple store. Apparently, Apple is spending at least 100 mill on advertising. Accadacca, being the Apple/electronic gizmo freak he is, is probably the first in line somewhere!

I personally am not going to get one. As long as my phone works, takes a few lame pictures here and there, all is well. It does look like a cool phone though. Lots of neat features. I will say, I think that IPOD's are not user friendly (IMO, and Mtn bike action agrees with me, haha.) and I can hardly get my gf's nano to work. Lack of adequate instructions, simplicity, etc. I guess I need to ask a 12 year old kid in my neighborhood! I am gonna buy a non-apple one, like a cowan that my friend has. Simple, easy to download songs, and whatnot.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

... And it requires Itunes!
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

awww, apple woes.

Its tough when your number one.

If I paid 500 bucks for each phone I have smashed, dropped, gotten wet or ust used to death in the past few years I could buy a used honda civic.

No Iphone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    If I paid 500 bucks for each phone I have Smashed, Dropped, Gotten Wet or Used to death in the past few years I could buy a Used Honda Civic.

No Iphone for me.
    Thats the same thing with me, only in sunglasses.

Definitely don't need to spend that much on a phone. Plus I don't want that big sucker in my pocket.

As for ipods not being user friendly? Simple as can be if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    If I paid 500 bucks for each phone I have Smashed, Dropped, Gotten Wet or Used to death in the past few years I could buy a Used Honda Civic.

No Iphone for me.
    Thats the same thing with me, only in sunglasses.

I get all my glasses at gas stations. I would much rather have nice ones but after breaking my 4th $100+ pair in a year I gave up....

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    Definitely don't need to spend that much on a phone. Plus I don't want that big sucker in my pocket.

Of course I didn't list the simple things that I CAN'T operate :)

Of course I didn't list the simple things that I CAN'T operate :)
    The ipod itself is simple as can be, however, I am talking more of the Itunes and Apple websites, being able to find the info you need to download songs, and whatnot. Long story, but I never thought that both websites would have been so difficult to find what you needed for a first timer to be able to get up and running. Plus they give you this tiny cheesy instruction thing, and you have to access the website and scroll thru 500 pages to be able to find what you need....just not my cup of tea...IMO.
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

Ya, I own an Ipod, and I'll be the first to admit that the user interface sucks my ass!! I have the 30GB photo Ipod -- owned it for 2 years, and to this day I haven't figured out how to download photos onto that damn thing! Another thing I really hate is that you have to have Itunes to download/upload songs onto the Ipod. And...(and this is the worst part)...you can't download songs from the Ipod onto your PC's hard drive unless you have some hacked software that can break the Ipod encryption. It's straight bullshit...I hate Apple products!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Another thing I really hate is that you have to have Itunes to download/upload songs onto the Ipod
    uh ... there is an obvious reason for that.

. And...(and this is the worst part)...you can't download songs from the Ipod onto your PC's hard drive unless you have some hacked software that can break the Ipod encryption.
    there is an even MORE obvious reason for that.

It's straight bullshit...I hate Apple products!
    it's interesting how apple can inspire such hatred

put rockbox on that Ipod!

http://www.rockbox.org

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gAWXZXmNBEo[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    it's interesting how apple can inspire such hatred

Well here's an absolutely crazy over-the-top idea: Why not make your products user friendly so that you don't have to be some freaking computer geek to use all of the built-in features?

Because the Apple folks are all a bunch of eletist asses that insist that if you want to use any one of their products you have to make a complete lifestyle change?

Well here's an absolutely crazy over-the-top idea: Why not make your products user friendly so that you don't have to be some freaking computer geek to use all of the built-in features?
    well, rock, i was under the impression that this was the fundamental principle of apple and one primary reason people loved using apple products. on the other hand, the ipod completely revolutionized the user interface of an mp3 player ... another primary reason it became so popular.

now, i have never used an ipod on a windows machine, but i have heard there are some issues there.

Because the Apple folks are all a bunch of eletist asses that insist that if you want to use any one of their products you have to make a complete lifestyle change?
    nope to prevent sharing ...

put rockbox on that Ipod!

http://www.rockbox.org
    now a friend told me it drains the ipod battery annoyingly quickly and, more, over that installation isn't straightforward. i have never used it though.

have you summit?

now, i have never used an ipod on a windows machine, but i have heard there are some issues there.
    Yes, and that is the crux of my argument. All of Apple's products synch with one another (especially the Irack ), and so you can't just use one Apple product by itself unless you are prepared to encounter a world of headaches. In order to operate any Apple product smoothly, you have to go through and replace all of your non-Apple products with Apple products (hence my "lifestyle change" comment).

nope to prevent sharing ...
    That's why I download mine from Walmart, for an even cheaper price, which allows to burn it to a cd, copy to my mp3 player, etc. I bought the song, not the right to play the song only on my ipod. If apple doesn't trust me with their downloads then I don't need them.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Just get a program that removes their limitations. Simple enough