Thread: What are good hikes with increasing difficulty

What are good hikes with increasing difficulty

I just moved here from Montana and I am very excited that I found this site!

I am trying to get my girlfriend more into hiking and I think it is a good idea to work our way up the ladder. We hiked up to Donut Falls (A good one to start at step 1) and hiked waterfall canyon but couldnt find the waterfall.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Humm..... tons of options out here. Go hiked Lake Mary, Lake Martha, and Lake Catherine above Brighton.

Passed Alta there are a ton of hikes perfect for current weather (hot). If you are hardcore, Mt Olympus is very rewarding, but it's mostly for very early in the day. What area are you looking at?

BTW, welcome to the site and Utah!

Oh ya also check out areas around Provo, Sundance area. It's my new favorite place to go hike, going tonight in fact

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7532

Do Cecret Lake, near Alta next. Par with Donut Falls on the difficulty scale, and really, really pretty.

Then, do Salt Lake Overlook. An easy grade, a little longer. Beautiful woods, and views from the top. There is only one tricky spot, it looks like you should go straight, but you make a sharp right switchback up some rocks, about 15 minutes or so into the hike, I'd guess. Dont miss that turn. This is an excellent hike, in Mill Creek Canyon.

Then, Red Pine Lake. Gets steeper, but still not too long. Takes you to an amazingly pretty lake surrounded by mountains. Very beautiful!!

From there, you can branch out to do Grandeur Peak, Lake Blanche, Bell Canyon, etc.

Have fun and Welcome to Utah!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Oh ya Lake Blanche is a great hike!

don't forget the uintas. miror lake is ~1.5 hours from slc and there is lots of excellent dayhikes to be had all along u150/mirror lake hwy. easy going too, start high and stay high.
    signature

Re: What are good hikes with increasing difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by apcronnelly
    I am trying to get my girlfriend more into hiking...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    The only suggestion I would have is to stop wasting your time with trying to get the gf more into hiking. It usually ends up being a failure. They just end up saying "I only went hiking with you because you liked it and I was being nice." It's a pipe dream... a hottie to go backpacking alone into the wilderness with you.

Oh, and welcome to the site
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

[quote="Alex"] What area are you looking at?

quote]

Right now anything rewarding from 2-6 hours would be a good place to start.

Thanks for all the help, I think I will be able to hike a new trail everyweekend and not do 1/4 of the hikes.

I am excited to be here and to do more exploring of the NP's as well.

P.S. Killemall dont ruin my dream!!

Treehugger, thanks for giving me a list to build up to! Much thanks to everyone!