Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canyon with water?

canyon with water?

hi any suggestions for canyon with water beside zion and cedar mesa?
    how is cable canyon, anyone been trough recently?
    cri

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cable, Quandary and The Squeeze can all hold a lot of water, but I'm guessing they are pretty low right now seeing as how we haven't gotten any precip for several weeks.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

What he said but also the water that is there is likely pretty skunky, too.
    Life is Good

Five Mile in Capitol Reef usually holds a lot of water

Five Mile
    http://climb-utah.com/Capitol/fivemile1.htm

The approach is long and dry but if you do it early in the morning its not bad. I've done it in hot weather which allows you to skip the wetsuit if you are warm blooded.

The squeeze still has some water, or at least it did 3 weeks ago. Not a lot of swimming, but enough to stay cool.

Cable is almost bone dry. The only place we ran into water was at the hole with the window looking down into it. We did cable about a week and a half ago, so I suspect conditions haven't changed a whole lot since then.
    "They're not tricks, they're illusions"
    Gob Bluth -- Arrested Development

I was at hidden splendor last week and the muddy creek was not flowing. Its a stinky, muddy, bug infested set a puddles. I would avoid the Grand Gorge.

What about the flowing streams in Escalante like Calf Creek and Death Hollow?

I've hike Calf Creek but some folks do the full meal deal from top to bottom. We hiked Calf Creek the 24th of July so it was hot and swimming was nice.

thank you all
    i been in squeeze last year and i was looking for something new
    i was hoping the pimp dog was able to find the pleiadis canyon , but apparently his memorable talent for smelling good canyons is fading away.....come on
    Scott tease with the pictures in the other group but i am not sure he knows it either
    not to start another chamber discussion
    but come on give me the opportunity to wear my bikini again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hesse15
    i was hoping the pimp dog was able to find the pleiadis canyon , but apparently his memorable talent for smelling good canyons is fading away.....
    If I told ya your BF the outdoorzen would have it up next week... can't help out the new competition.

no RC if he made a promise will killhimself before reveal it.
    he is like a thumb!!!
    you know that he knows more stuff but he keep them secrets

he usually publish only what he find himself or already well known place
    he will not reveal pleiadis.

please

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    i was hoping the pimp dog was able to find the pleiadis canyon , but apparently his memorable talent for smelling good canyons is fading away.....
    If I told ya your BF the outdoorzen would have it up next week... can't help out the new competition.

hey, shane, what's that line you always use about secret canyons?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

Meh, I'll wait till you put it up, then put it up a day or two later... You'd be surprised at what OutdoorZen has waiting to see the light of day.... Not even the Italian has seen the secret scrolls buried in my basement...

http://OutdoorZen.org, proud to be your circle of friends alternative. If you haven't been recently, stop by for a visit, much has been added. All routes posted on OutdoorZen have been done personally by the author to insure the highest quality information. A claim many other sites cannot make....

Quote Originally Posted by deserthiker
    http://OutdoorZen.org, proud to be your circle of friends alternative. If you haven't been recently, stop by for a visit, much has been added. All routes posted on OutdoorZen have been done personally by the author to insure the highest quality information. A claim many other sites cannot make....
    One of these days I'd like to sit you down and pick your brain on how to find cool routes. Every time I find a drainage that looks promising, it always turns out to be a dusty wash.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

he get good ones otherwise i will be so pissy in doing huge amount of miles for nothing.
    and happy Cri know how to make happy RC!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    One of these days I'd like to sit you down and pick your brain on how to find cool routes. Every time I find a drainage that looks promising, it always turns out to be a dusty wash.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Your a regular partner of Ice aren't you? There's yer FIRST problem... Ice usually gets his canyons second hand these days. Finding them without any prior knowledge is a bit of an art, and more challenging.

We should try and do a trip sometime. I have the next few weekends planned, but maybe later in the summer or fall.

hi any suggestions for canyon with water beside zion and cedar mesa?
    i really recommend Maui :)

here are some video links:

http://web.mac.com/onewildbuck/iWeb/...5273D73C9.html

or if u want the same thing but the youtube version:

www.youtube.com/user/ATSadventures

also check out:

www.canyoningvideos.com

there is plenty of water when i was there:)

take care
    EW

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Have you done Kanara creek?
    1/2 day or longer,depending on how far up you go.
    semi technical
    incredible slot
    2 great waterfalls to ascend

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    what's that line you always use about secret canyons?
    I have a couple sweet lines.... which one you talking about?

1. The only way three guys can keep a secret is if two of them are dead.

2. The life of a secret canyon is measured in dog years.

3. Canyoneers will trade their mother for good beta

As for Pleiadis.... you all are free to post anything you wish about the canyon. I don't have a dog entered in this race at the moment.

Ice usually gets his canyons second hand these days. Finding them without any prior knowledge is a bit of an art, and more challenging.
    Finding canyons from scratch is a lot of hard (but fun) work. And I have spent my fair share of time in the barrel....

Now I'll let you in on a big secret. I have found that putting together a network of knowledgeable and like minded canyoneers is the best way to gather large amounts of good beta quickly. A normal guy working solo might uncover 2 or 3 new canyons in one year if he is extremely lucky. A group of 10 can beta 50 canyons by sharing knowledge and spreading the work load. I learned, modified and adopted this method after talking with a couple of Steve Allen's friends. So it really comes down to what are you looking for.... a fun time unlocking a new route, or assembling a large amount of quality beta in the most efficient manner possible?

thanks eric for postin' the hi-res version of this here. i was actually hoping to get an unbroken, higherQ version of this for downloading.

many thanks

there is plenty of water when i was there:)
    yah ... no doubt