Thread: Ciao from Italy!!!

Ciao from Italy!!!

Ciao!!, my name is Marco and I write from Italy.

In the past 12 years I

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey there..... oh no hesse's people are taking over our forum!

If you ever come here, let hesse know, she will do a personal guiding trip in Italian!

Where are you guys from? I lived in Anzio for about half a year back in 1990. Loved the Italy!

I looked at your site, looks like you got around quite a bit, glad you enjoy the trip reports on here. Welcome to the site!

Ciao Alex and thank you for the warm welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Hey there..... oh no hesse's people are taking over our forum!

Where are you guys from? I lived in Anzio for about half a year back in 1990. Loved the Italy!
    We're from Milan, northern Italy, great to know that you lived here , Anzio and its sorroundings are really beautiful, I've been there a couple of times (I love archeological sites)...

I looked at your site, looks like you got around quite a bit, glad you enjoy the trip reports on here.
    On Fotoavventure, which is a website devoted mainly to large format photography which I founded together with another italian photographer, Roberto Manderioli, there's only a small portion of the images we took in our trips in the USA (and here is my "personal" website instead, I photograph/work with Cristina: http://www.cristinamian.com, as I wrote for our personal works we don't shoot landscapes anymore).

Luckily here in Italy we have 3/4 weeks of vacation every year , so we have plenty of time to travel: in our trips we've been several times in California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, and only once in South Dakota, Montana, Idaho and Florida (which we didn't like)...

If you ever will come to Italy again it'll be a pleasure to meet you!

Ciao
    Marco

Quote Originally Posted by joethelion
    in our trips we've been several times in California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico, and only once in South Dakota, Montana, Idaho and Florida (which we didn't like)...

If you ever will come to Italy again it'll be a pleasure to meet you!

Ciao
    Marco
    I have to say, you have been around more than 70% of Americans!

Welcome to the group.

So.....are all of the women in Italy named "Cristina?"

Welcome to uUtah.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    So.....are all of the women in Italy named "Cristina?"

Welcome to uUtah.
    What he means to say is, are all women in Italy hot?

Justin, I was there and the answer is yes

Hey. Love your pictures, and your name "the lion". Welcome to the forum!
    The man thong is wrong.

Welcome to the forum, I would love to do a biking trip around Italy!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Hi guys, and many thanks to you all!!, I really appreciate the warm welcome!!!

For what concern italian women: well, actually I have to say that the number of beautiful women is far above the medium if compared to other countries (and obviously I'm not referring to USA at all, all the american women, especially the ones in this forum, are the most beautiful women on earth ), maybe because here there's a lot of attention to fashion and the "look", and sometimes even a so so woman may look gorgeous if she knows what to wear and how to make up...

And yes, even if maybe this is becoming a sort of "common place" (but it's true), we do have great foods and great wines , there's a lot of attention here at those aspects of the so called "quality" of life, it's a kind of "cultural" heritage, even if I have to say that here where I live (the industrial part of the country), the "quality" has badly degenerated in recent years.

Ciao!!
    Marco

Quality of life = good food and beautiful women..... my kind of quality of life!

Marco & Cristina welcome,
    It is great to see the art of large format photography is alive and well.
    Fantastic photos

This a link to an article I think you will like.

http://www.naturephotographers.net/a.../mh0204-1.html

Also, a link to a friend that I knew years ago in Boise who has come a long way in his craft. Enjoy

http://michaelhewes.com/

Again, Welcome to the uutah
    Live Life, Don't Watch Life!

Ciao the voice and thank you! , thank you for the kind words and the two beautiful links, we couldn't agree more with the concepts expressed in the article (for our "artistic" works we too prefer color negatives or very "natural" colour slides like Fuji Astia 100F instead of Velvia), and the amazing images of your friend really enlightened our evening!! ...

Yes, luckily large format photography is still alive and well, I think that, in a paradoxical way, the recent digital "crazyness" in some ways has contributed to the reinassance and diffusion of large format photography, because a lot of photographers, mainly in the landscape and "arty" world, feel more and more the need for a more meditative and thoughtful approach to their compositions...sadly here in Europe the availability of large format films, expecially 8x10", is not like in the USA, and the prices are also very high if compared to USA, that's why everytime we come in your country we come back in Italy with tons of large format films!!!

Ciao
    Marco

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome! :2thumbs:

Tanya, thank you! , and thank you for your amazing websites, for me and Cristina they have always been a terrific source of informations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Ciao!!
    Marco

Bogley BigShot
    Awwwwww.... thanks!

Glad you are here!