Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuesday 7/3 Group Ride :: Tibble Fork/Ridge 157

I rode most of the summit trailhead to the 4-way that breaks off for Tibble Fork tonight. Skipped the epic downhill section, and made a loop out of it. This trail is in pretty good shape, and is a classic for sure. Not much out there better than this. Still a couple good climbs getting to the super DH.

I'm working Tuesday, or I'd join you... BTW, Cannondale was doing demo bikes with shuttles on the downhill tonight. It's a shame I missed that too. Saw a lot of guys with some huge smiles though after.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JrBones
    Hey I'm new to this whole thing, so is this tuesday ride up for anyone? and if so what time are you going to meet?
    Yeah, it's for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    Quote Originally Posted by JrBones
    Hey I'm new to this whole thing, so is this tuesday ride up for anyone? and if so what time are you going to meet?
    Yeah, it's for everyone.
    Ditto: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69249#69249

I hope to make this my first official UUTAH ride. Hopefully the springs on the Junior T will be ready, I am having my front fork worked over for my fat ass.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    Hey fourtycal i'd be interested in a carpool. Where would you like to meet at?
    Me and Crazy horse are meeting at the Sportsmans Warehouse (7200 south just east of I-15) at 4:45 for a carpool. There is room for one or two more if anyone is interested. Meet at the northwest corner of the parking lot. I'm in a big black F-150.

I will try to be there also.
    Are we there yet?

My helmetcam is having technical difficulties.

I'm hoping I can replace a few shorted out wires tonight and get it running.

I don't know about you guys, but I just don't think there's any other way to document the trail.

I will be at the dirt turnout just after entering the canyon, right before the bridge. If you don't have a canyon season pass the USFS charges 3 or 4 bucks to enter. I drive a burgandy colored Liberty.
    Are we there yet?

So am I correct in assuming that we are starting at "summit" parking on the trail map?
    Ouch my freaking ears....

Don't understand my avatar? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

Quote Originally Posted by ericchile
    So am I correct in assuming that we are starting at "summit" parking on the trail map?
    I think that's the plan and would be the best option. I really like the Timpanooke trail (sweet single track), but it would add some climbing and probably 45 minutes to the ride. I think there will be enough climbing just going out the Ridge trail for most riders.

Hey, tallsteve, I was going to contact you about this ride, but now no need. I'll be at the dirt turnout too.

I also have an annual pass we can use.

Coolness. We'll meet first at the park n ride and consolidate. Then head up to the mouth of the canyon and hook up with the others. CANT WAIT!

I think I've got the helmetcam working......

U ALL IS NUTZ

I will just meet up with you folks at the reservoir where the trail will be coming out. All I will need is a ride up the road from there. I should be there about 5:30 at the latest.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I think I've got the helmetcam working......
    Sweetness! What happened?

Just too much use lately. I've been using it twice a week, and finally bent some prongs over, shorted some things out.

I just replaced the cable, got lucky, and it's working. There still might be a slight short though....

Bogley BigShot
    We need to start a Life-Support fund for 'Beech's web cam

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    We need to start a Life-Support fund for 'Beech's web cam
    No kidding. I'm gonna have to start charging for video views.

Re: U ALL IS NUTZ

Quote Originally Posted by PunchKing
    I will just meet up with you folks at the reservoir where the trail will be coming out. All I will need is a ride up the road from there. I should be there about 5:30 at the latest.
    We usually park the shuttle car(s) at the turnoff for Tibble Fork, not at the reservoir itself since it's no big deal to come down the paved road. If you read this in time, park at the turnoff instead - it'll save us a bit more driving.

That was a great time!!! I LOVE that trail!!