Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 7/3 Group Ride :: Tibble Fork/Ridge 157

Tuesday 7/3 Group Ride :: Tibble Fork/Ridge 157

This could easily be a top 5 Utah trail. The downhill is just ridiculous and the views are amazing, read the description. We can meet at the park and ride off the Alpine/Highland exit and shuttle up to the top, leaving a car at tibble fork reservoir. I believe we park and push off at the summit parking area? Someone correct me if I am wrong. See you Tuesday at about 5:15 pm! This last week on the crest was amazing and everyone was grinning ear to ear!!

Trail Description

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Im in....

Who is bringing the bear spray?

I might meet up at the summit parking lot, since I live only a few miles to the east of there.

Man, you guys just keep creeping south. I'll have to take the freakin' day off work if I want to make it down there.

Still.... I'll think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Man, you guys just keep creeping south. I'll have to take the freakin' day off work if I want to make it down there.

Just two hours off at the end of the day....

However traffic can be a nightmare heading south if you don't get off before 5... What time are we going to meet?

The day before a holiday? Traffic is going to SUCK!!!

I might take this one off and head up to the Basin. Let's hit it again when it's not around a holiday.

I commute from Bluffdale to Orem every day. Traffic is worst around 6-6:30, but the holiday will make it heavier and it could get jammed up early and later than 6. Alpine Highway (the road from I-15 to AF Canyon) gets jammed up too. Most days it's not too bad - the Alpine Highway maybe adds 15 minutes to the drive.

I'm not sure what to advise. Wasting time stuck in traffic stinks, but the AF Canyon trails are suweeet. I've done Timpanooke and the Ridge lately and they are in good shape. Not sure about Tibble Fork, but it's probably good.

Starting at the Ridge trail (at the top of the Alpine Loop, the paved parking circle with the bathrooms) is good, but if you wanted to extend the ride, start at Timpanooke. It would add 45 minutes to the ride and is an elevation gain, but the climbing only gets stout in one fairly short section (upper Pine Hollow). On the plus side it's just an incredibly good trail.

Tuesday night is softball night, the season is almost over though, soon enough I'll be there.

Lots of excuses this week. You'll be missing out. Beech, its only 5 minutes from the Draper trail that we did a few weeks ago. I am really looking forward to it, what a great way to start off the long weekend.

Hmm...quite a drive but this trail is a blast. I'm considering it for sure.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

If you want to carpool from the valley I work just off 45th and I-15, leave at 4:45, hit the carpool lane and we'll meet acca at the alpine exit just after 5:00. I'll have room for a couple if yer interested :cool:

Meeting at the Alpine exit park-n-ride lot is OK, but we usually meet at the dirt pullout just inside the mouth of the canyon (right before the fee booth).

Alpine Loop Google Map (Zoom in on the yellow P)

If you use the park-n-ride lot, note that it's on the west side of I-15 (see the yellow pushpin in the above map).

We can meet you Kris or anyone at the mouth of the canyon around 5:30.

OK, it looks like REDFOX and I will be there. I think Mark may go too.

Hey fourtycal i'd be interested in a carpool. Where would you like to meet at?
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Where does the ride actually start? At the "Summit Parking"? I think I will be coming from the other side and meet you guys there.

It sounded like you guys planned on doing a shuddle again, could I leave my vehicle at the Summit parking and grab a ride back from who ever does the shuddle?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    We can meet you Kris or anyone at the mouth of the canyon around 5:30.
    That works.

Lets all wear our uutah.com shirts this next week. We can get a shh-weet group photo and do some representin'. If you don't have one yet, you can get it in the new store and Sombeech will bring it to you on Tuesday. http://store.uutah.com

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    Hey fourtycal i'd be interested in a carpool. Where would you like to meet at?
    PM sent.

Hey I'm new to this whole thing, so is this tuesday ride up for anyone? and if so what time are you going to meet?