Thread: TR: Strawberry Narrows trail

TR: Strawberry Narrows trail

Headed out to Strawberry Reservoir to do a little exploration of the surrounding area. I had heard a little about a singletrack linking Strawberry's two main bays running along the south side of the reservoir and wanted to check it out. Linking some old forest service roads together allowed me to ride this as a loop with some good views on top with a solid climb, and a screaming descent. This ended up being a solo trip for me, my regular riding partners having other plans. Their loss? ...we'll let the pictures decide:
    Attached Images Attached Images                   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Great write up! Thanks for the pics and the new trip details.

I'll have to throw this one into the index.

Very nice TR !

I am wondering what kind of trails are up in Danial's canyon... I imagine with all the separate canyons and aspens there are some nice trails up there. Ever been up there?

Very cool! I am impressed with that trail, I never knew it was there.

It looks like this trail has improved over the years. It has been about four years ago for me, Last time I nearly ran over a Badger, that darn critter scared me half to death. looks like it's time for a trip back.
    Nice report, Thanks

ericchile:

You're right, there do look to be some possibilities in Daniel's canyon, everytime I go through there I find myself wondering..... I have a few maps so one day I may have to go on another scouting trip.

fourtycal:

The trail could stand to be buffed up some more but was quite enjoyable. Some loose and rocky spots and a couple of small but abrupt hills I (cough cough) walked up. I did see some tire tracks on the Aspen Grove side heading in, but it look like they turned around after a couple of miles. Great trail for solitude.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyspoke
    ericchile:

You're right, there do look to be some possibilities in Daniel's canyon, everytime I go through there I find myself wondering..... I have a few maps so one day I may have to go on another scouting trip.
    Let us know when you do... or if you want a friend for the ride, im close by.