Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever do uutah group rides in Utah Valley?

Ever do uutah group rides in Utah Valley?

Yeah, yeah, yeah SLC/Ogden etc are cooler than Provo/Orem, but do you guys come down this way for your weekly group rides now and then?

I'd love to come along for one if you do. I can sweeten the pot by reminding you all that I'm still a novice and likely to produce a crash or two....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There are a few riders down your way. I'm sure if you posted a ride invite, you'd eventually get a group together.

I was riding solo the first 4 rides this spring. It just takes some time for people to get into the habit.

But then we wouldn't have the wonderful sombeech footage to follow up the next day. Guess we'll just have to deal with it, and I'll have to head up that way for a ride one of these times.

I am a member of uutah and go on solo ride in utah county all the time.

I'd make it to a few of them, so would accadacca and a few others. I work in SLC, accadacca is in Lehi....

I'd ride as well, just need the heads up. Perhaps we should all get together and hit sundance???

We try to hit tibblefork a couple of times a year on our tuesday rides. Well spot a car at the reservoir and drive to the top to get on the trail. Maybe in a couple of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I'd ride as well, just need the heads up. Perhaps we should all get together and hit sundance???
    If we hit sundance the wifey would be coming along, she's been wanting to try it out, but that would probably mean lagging behind the group...any other spots you guys want to hit up?

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    If we hit sundance the wifey would be coming along, she's been wanting to try it out, but that would probably mean lagging behind the group...any other spots you guys want to hit up?
    We have riders of all levels in the group... I find that no one is left out or behind... for too long.

I live in Midway, Work in SLC, have family in Orem, etc etc.... I will ride anywhere there is fun to be had...

Sounds good. I'm not trying to vote against Sundance, just may or may not go depending on what's going on with the wifey. I say someone plan it and we'll see who can make it. That or somewhere else.

Hey Carpey, lets go do the cascade saddle sometime in the next few weeks.

Lets also have a Uutah day at Sundance.

We should definitely do a UUtah Sundance day. I think the Tibble fork ride is perfect for a Tuesday night ride. We will probably hit dog lake next week and Tibble fork the following. Its a classic downhill!!! So watch for the group ride announcement.

I live in Provo and have been riding solo this summer. I wouldn't mind a riding partner or two, it will help me get out and ride more often. I consider myself an intermediate rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    I live in Provo and have been riding solo this summer. I wouldn't mind a riding partner or two, it will help me get out and ride more often. I consider myself an intermediate rider.
    What trails have you been hitting?

You know what is a lot of fun... You go and ride at Art Dye park in AF. I can usually find a few people to ride with... Problem is that they are usually 13 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by whyisjake
    You know what is a lot of fun... You go and ride at Art Dye park in AF. I can usually find a few people to ride with... Problem is that they are usually 13 years old...
    Never heard of it...

Never heard of it...
    You can read up on it here.

Looks nice other than the fact that I'd probably break my arm!

So far I have ridden the trails by Big Springs up the south fork of Provo canyon and the Wardsworth trail up Hobble Creek canyon. Last Tuesday I rode what utahmountainbiking.com calls Deer Creek South Fork up in the Alpine loop. The Alpine loop is my favorite area to ride around here. I really want to ride Tibble Fork but only with a shuttle. I am not hard core enough to do the climb from the bottom.

I was at Big Springs last night. Didn't quite take the loop that utahmountainbiking.com talks about, instead rode a good 2.5 miles uphill (just that slow killer uphill it has that never ends). Then when my legs were completely Jello I headed back down the way I came.