Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 6/26 Group Ride :: Wasatch Crest to Mill D

Tuesday 6/26 Group Ride :: Wasatch Crest to Mill D

The snow has melted off and its time to hit the crest. We will meet at the Mill D trail head around 5:30-45, then shuttle up to the top. Bring yer lungs and you might want to pass on any Mexican food that day. After the climb up puke hill, the downhill is epic and should not be missed. This is one of Utah's world class trails.

Directions Wasatch Crest

Directions Mill D North Fork

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll check the schedule and see if I can't make it up. Maybe drive up to SLC and hitch a ride to the trail with someone so I don't get lost.

Oh and I checked youtube out of curiosity. Here's some trail footage...

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=j55RtRxJ-FE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mAW54iRsw4E[/youtube]

tuckerbiker a member here?

Quote Originally Posted by QuenteK25
    He sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    He sure is.
    Actually, I can claim him as a bud, I was on that ride with him!! :-)

I may actually come on this ride - think I'm ready as it will be only my second ride this year? heehee!

Are you coming down Desolation lake way, or dropping into Mill Creek? (is it an odd day or even?)
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I will be there! How do we plan on shuttling? Everyone in the back of Justin's Truck?

Hey Tree,

We will come out Mill D. The Millcreek exit would take too long for a Tuesday night ride. We can shuttle up in a couple pickups, fourty usually has his too.

acckkkkka

I will gladly push me bike up the hill for that downhill. I is der.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

I will volunteer to take the owners of the truck(s) back up the mountain to fetch their trucks at the top, after the ride. I am half way home at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon.

He sure is.
    Glad you like those movies. I watch em a lot...like riding through heaven. Might make it back there in Sept. with a much better helmet cam.

Can't someone invent a transporter so I can go on the 26th? Comeon...think of the oil we'll save.

PS..Hi Treehugger!

Hey Tucker! When you come out, we'll do a uutah lunch.

Hmm that sounds like fun, i love this trail. Is anyone going who is kinda slow on the uphills? I have a big bike (my excuse for being slow and out of shape,) so i'd take a minute on the uphill and i don't want to slow the group down but i'd love to come. So anyone willing to admit to being slow?
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse
    Is anyone going who is kinda slow on the uphills?

It's possible I might not make it.

I may have to pick my wife up at the airport at 3:55, and she's got my camcorder.

I've thought about riding it without video, but I'd have to come up again. Plus, I'd be coming from Ogden at around 5, so I doubt I'll make it.

I wont be there, now, either. I forgot my husband is off work this week, we're gonna ride Crest to Mill Creek during the day, with Mtnbkr's wife!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

It's possible I might not make it.

I may have to pick my wife up at the airport at 3:55, and she's got my camcorder.

I've thought about riding it without video, but I'd have to come up again. Plus, I'd be coming from Ogden at around 5, so I doubt I'll make it.
    I don't know about the logistics, but if you want to drop your car off w/ your wife at the airport, I can take you up to the ride, then take you home after. I'll be heading that way anyway.

I'd come, but I'm scared that I would take a nasty fall and screw up my knee again. Lemme get a few easier rides under my belt first, then I'll come play with y'all.

Unless something comes up, I'll be there. The Crest is just too tasty.

Where is all the phemales. If there is too much sausage I will do something dumb, too much testosterone leads to craziness.
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?