Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice withdraw :(

Ice withdraw :(

I was cleaning my house today and I accidentally opened my ice climbing box. I love the summer, but man would I love to swing those tools right now! Only 6 more months 'til ice season!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You're killing me!
    I can't start thinking about ice climbing yet...too much summer fun left to enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    too much summer fun left to enjoy
    You can still dry tool in the summer!

only 5.8 months left until ice season!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrejcha
    Like Jack Tackle has said, "dry tooling is something we did on Friday night when we couldn't get a date."

Ahem.

'Tis the season for rock climbing!

-Brian in SLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC
    Like Jack Tackle has said, "dry tooling is something we did on Friday night when we couldn't get a date."

Ahem.

-Brian in SLC

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC

Ahem.

-Brian in SLC
    Just wondering? Heard anything about his trip for a FA on Mt Logan? Don't know when he was expected back, but do know last time I spoke with him he was off to do a 2nd Ascent and then a FA on Mt. Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    Just wondering? Heard anything about his trip for a FA on Mt Logan? Don't know when he was expected back, but do know last time I spoke with him he was off to do a 2nd Ascent and then a FA on Mt. Logan.
    Yeah, saw him in the parkin' lot at Dornan's only a day after he got back. Told him he looked like he got hit by a bus...har har. Was a few weeks ago already.

They didn't send. I think that's either his second or third attempt on that rig. He's persistant. Scary lookin' line (I've seen it from St. Elias). Had an issue with conditions being spicy or some such. Did have a strong team.

I'll see him this weekend (tomorrow night already). Damn, that dude keeps chippin' away at stuff...

Speakin' o' which Bo, are you a member of the AAC? If not, we'd sure like to have ya...!

Cheers,

-Brian in SLC (AAC Section Chair for the Northern Rockies)

Let's see some more of those pictures, they're beautiful.

Climb the rox, ice is for your beverages!
    So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Nice, thanks for the pics!

Rock climbing is over rated , it's hot and you actually have to touch what you are climibing, AND... you can take whippers.

I went to the Jeff Lowe presentation at REI last night. Pretty cool. I don't know if you've caught word of his year-round ice climbing park that they're putting up in Ogden. I'm too lazy to find you the link. I just typed this whole thing. Just google it.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

only five more months til ice season!!!

Only four more months til ice season!

Only three more months!!!

Building myself a climbing wall and wondering about getting a set of these for dry tooling. It'd be nice to have something at home to train with.
    http://woodysholds.com/CDA5240F87574...roductID=22173

Re: Ice withdraw :(

I was cleaning my house today and I accidentally opened my ice climbing box. I love the summer, but man would I love to swing those tools right now! Only 6 more months 'til ice season!
    WOW! Great pictures Matt! Makes me think I can't wait for Ice climbing season either --- and I don't even ice climb!

It sure looks like FUN!

~Randi
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

Things are statring to form, time to sharpen those tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wait is over! "Lots" of San Juan stuff is climbable!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum