View Poll Results: What do you use, or prefer?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon

13 59.09%
  • T-Mobile

3 13.64%
  • Other; Cingular, Sprint, Cricket, AllTell.....

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon vs T-Mobile

Verizon vs T-Mobile

I'm currently on Verizon, and I've been very happy with the service. Cingular has the least dropped calls? I don't think so; everybody I know on Cingular constantly drops calls.

Verizon doesn't reach a few places that T-Mobile does, and vice versa.

I hear that T-Mobile has a few dead spots along I-15 right in Salt Lake City.

It's just time for a new phone, and one for the wife, so a family plan. I'm also troubled because I've been out of my 2 year contract for over a year and a half now, and I don't want to enter a new one after tasting the freedom for so long.

I can get the free video phone with only a 1 year plan.... Should I go Blackberry or equivalent?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have AT&T (formerly Cingular) I never drop calls, I think that has more to do with the phone you have, & not the service provider. I would suggest getting one of the phones you pay for NEVER the free one the are to bottom of the line POS's & these are the ones that normally drop the calls. I have the Razor it is a POS I wouldn't take another one of them If you gave it to me. I have been without a contract for about 3 yrs (since before Cingular bought AT&T), I have thought about changing plans but it would cost me $30.00 more per month to get an equal plan to what I got from AT&T before they sold out.

Re: Verizon vs T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Cingular has the least dropped calls? I don't think so; everybody I know on Cingular constantly drops calls.
    well, sombeech, that depends ... in salt lake i find cingular/ATT drops calls regularly, however out of state it seems really solid ... my phone is shite also

I did have Cingular. I found that I could get a better plan, and cheaper thru T-Mobile. I purchased the Rizr and I love it.

I did have dropped calls w/ Cingular, but no problems with T-Mobile, YET
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

T-Mobile and it works just as well if not better then any of the other companies that i have been with.
    Cell phone service is a rip off industry wide.

VERIZON ATTACKS CRITICAL DOMAIN NAMES

I've had Verizon for many years. My brothers employer makes him use T-Mobile and the difference in connect quality, service areas (rural/remote especially) and dependability is amazing. He's always using my Verizon phone because his T-Mobile doesn't have service.

We spend a bit of time up in Star Valley Wyoming and the only provider that works up there is Verizon.

YMMV

Since I am constantly traveling around the country (and Canada, too), I use the service that gives me the best coverage in the most places...Verizon.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Cingular (the New AT&T!) has managed to screw up at every turn in the process of adding a phone for our son. If there is anything at all I miss about being single, it is U. S. Cellular.

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I have AT&T (formerly Cingular) I never drop calls, I think that has more to do with the phone you have, & not the service provider. I would suggest getting one of the phones you pay for NEVER the free one the are to bottom of the line POS's & these are the ones that normally drop the calls. I have the Razor it is a POS I wouldn't take another one of them If you gave it to me. I have been without a contract for about 3 yrs (since before Cingular bought AT&T), I have thought about changing plans but it would cost me $30.00 more per month to get an equal plan to what I got from AT&T before they sold out.
    I agree it has a lot to do with the Phone. You can have a great service ( we use Verizon ) but if the phone is a POS your toast. My wife and mother in law have the Samsung i730 and have great service. I still have the UT starcom POS and it bites. Justing waiting for a better option. Have a number of buddies that have and swear by there Blackberries, just not sure I could get used to the clicker wheel. My vote is Verizon, just do the research on the phone. Lot's of info out there.
    Live Life, Don't Watch Life!

I've had Cingular AT&T for ten years now and i've never had a problem or complaint. Only one small spot on I-15 by southtowne mall where i drop calls. Customer service has been A-PLUS. The very few times i have had to call with a problem it has always been worked out in my favor. No hidden charges, pretty much straight forward as far as it comes to the bill. When i have had a problem with dropped calls it has always been an issue with the phone being a POS. I have the razr now and love it. Jim

If you consider some of the smaller companies like AllTel, Virgin Mobile, Boost, etc., be sure to find out whose network they use. These companies are known as Mobile Virtual Network Operators, and they do not operate their own network. Instead they purchase huge blocks of airtime from the big providers (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon) and resell that time at a less expensive rate. So, they may be able to provide good rates, but their network isn't going to be any better than that of their provider company.

There's a list of MVNOs on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...work_Operators

For what it's worth, I use Sprint. I have a killer rate, and it makes it worth putting up with the roaming when I'm in my basement.

I have been with T-Mobile for years. I do agree that for rural areas there might be better providers. However, 90% of the time I am using my phone in the city.

BTW. . .I am up at Bear Lake right now and I have great service. Actually, I am using my BlackBerry via bluetooth to my MacBook to catch up on uutah. No wires and I can get internet anywhere I have a signal. Not to hijack, but who is using bluetooth internet from their cellphone?

Not Bluetooth, but I often use my Verizon phone to access the internet. It used to be more common, but many RV parks now have wireless access so I don't need to use the phone so much. Can't remember the last time I dialed with the modem.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Durango is a T-Moabile deadzone, but they don't tell you until you sign a contract.

I agree that it's the phone a lot of the times.

My first year with verizon, I kept dropping calls. Then I switched phones, same service, and rarely, rarely drop calls since.

Verizon

I have had T-mbile for the past 3 years and have never had any problems. My bro-in-law works for them and has always hooked me up with nice phones. I know that alot of my friends who have other service providers can't ever get service in my basement, but T-mobile always does. I agree that the phone makes a difference

T-MOBILE all the way BABY!!!!!

After many years with TMobile, my phone was garbage, I was tired of paying roaming charges when I travel all over the state going to court and my teenage daughter wanted a phone so we went hunting. We shopped and shopped and ended up with Singular/ATT. I have never had so many dropped calls, ever. My wife and I got the brand new Samsung phones and my daughter had a nokia and we had horrible coverage, even at our home. The bluetooth didn't work and sounded like a transmission from some moon mission. Then last week we got the bill. Almost every discount they said they were going to give us they didn't. $70 plan and a $300.00 bill? Nope, ain't happenin' Singular. We took all the phones back and canceled the contract. We walked to the Verizon place in the mall and immediately signed up. Great service so far and no dropped calls. So in one month I have had TMobile, Singular and Verizon and I love Verizon. BTW, I have the third generation Razor and it is a fun little phone. I love the voice dialing from my blue tooth. I never have to touch the phone when I drive. Also, my buddy had coverage with Verizon until half way into the tunnel in Zion before his died. I had to leave the Park and go half way through Springdale until I had coverage with Singular. So long Singular, hello Verizon.
    Life is Good

This is an interesting thread. I'm a free agent currently who has been with AT&T/Cingular/AT&T for several years. Always been reasonably happy with them. However, I'm on an old TDMA phone, so will be losing the service w/in the next year. Maybe a good opportunity to switch carriers, but I'm not sure.

If you travel much, Verizon has the best coverage.

In rural areas, Verizon usually has the best coverage.

They have the best customer service. When I call them, a human being answers the phone.

Verizon is not the cheapest provider.

PS: Amp'd is on the Verizon network.