Thread: This Saturday - Sundance Children's Festival

This Saturday - Sundance Children's Festival

http://www.sundanceresort.com/email/...s_festival.htm

Sundance Children's Festival Celebrates Literature, Art and Entertainment

The Sundance Summer Children's Festival, June 16, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., offers a celebration of children's literature, art, food and entertainment certain to enthrall the entire family. Set beneath the majestic Mt. Timpanogos, this year's Children's Festival offers activities that are both fun and educational.

Entertainment will take place on Ray's Lawn and will include storytelling, puppet shows, a clown, the dogs from "Pet Partners," and live presentation from 'Scales n' Tails.'

Children will love the pony rides with the Sundance Stables, scenic lift rides, face painting, crafts from the Sundance Nature Center, fly fishing casting workshop with Rocky Mountain Outfitters, and a real fire truck to climb aboard and be able to talk to a firefighter. The Sundance Preserve will be demonstrating and introducing either a wildlife animal or a bird to the children.

Led by Tracy Christensen, the Sundance dog teams are a critical component of the Sundance Ski Patrol Snow Safety Program. These avalanche dogs will be strutting their stuff at the 2007 Sundance Children's Festival on June 16.

Participation from local vendors bring children's items and food such as kettle corn and cotton candy. As well as a barbecue which will consist of hamburgers, hot dogs, beverages and other baked goods. Admission to the festival is free. Vendors are subject to charge for goods.

Saturday, June 16, 2007 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Sundance Ray's Lawn.

For more information call 801.223.4567.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hey thanks for FYI, I might make it down there

I am going for sure, Last year my son had a great time. Its also a great excuse to bring the bike along and get a few runs in while the wife and kids play at the festival

hey, thanks for posting this up!

my kids would love this

We are leaving there in a couple of minutes, if anyone from uutah will be there, look for my trade marked Gilligan's hat We are planning on being there around 10-10:30am

Just got back, it was quite fun, not too crowded. We spent about 45 mins in the festival itself, the little shows they put up for kids were quite interesting. Then we took the lift up to the top and hiked up to the falls and then hiked down to the Sundance. My kid was beat by the end, I had to carry him half way down. The weather was perfect, the breeze was very welcome and everyone had a ball.

I haven't really met anyone from uutah

Thanks for heads up, Summit!

I took the kids up there today as well. Sucks we missed out, would of loved to do the hike with you guys.

What time were you there?

We went up the lift around 11:30am, it was so nice up top, especially by the waterfall, I will post some pics in a bit.

I helped out with the festival stuff from 7 to 12 then hung out with the kids from 12 to 2. We were going to hike but it was really hot at the base... I should of known it was going to be nice up higher.