Thread: 10 ways teh earth could end

10 ways teh earth could end

i was watching this on discovery the other night and one of the the 10 was by meteor impact. teh interesting part was there is a meteor that is forcast to pass by in the 2020's (i believe that is teh decade, they have an exact date but i can't remember it, other than they said it is a friday 13) that will pass closer to the earth than satellites in orbit.

ought to be interesting.
    signature

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I can't remember if it is the Aztecs or Mayan or Inca, but they believed that the world will end December 12, 2012.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I'm voting on the Yellowstone Super-Volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I'm voting on the Yellowstone Super-Volcano.
    Its a Meteor, maybe the one in the 2020s, I hope I don't have grandkids by then, I'll be pissed.

i wonder what sort of kooky cult will spring up as it approaches. was it shoemaker-levy that some cult commited mass suicide over in hopes of riding it out ? THAT is scarier than any natural disaster - the power of the cult of personality.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    the power of the cult of personality.
    You got that right:

I can't remember if it is the Aztecs or Mayan or Inca, but they believed that the world will end December 12, 2012.
    Just saw a thing on this the other night. It was the Maya, and it was Dec 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Just saw a thing on this the other night. It was the Maya, and it was Dec 21st.
    So you are saying that the Mayan's were dislectic?
    ethical pursuit ethical kache

Well this way you have 9 more days to live it up before the world ends.

I believe that for every drop of rain that falls..................... I always get off track with that one, I believe that if a meteor was headed close enough to enter the earths gravitaional pull, and that it was to arrive anytime with in the next hundred years, that our scientific instruments that are currently in place would already be able to calculate the exact time and spot of impact. Therefore, I would hold out a strong argument for the Yellowstone Super Volcano, the entire park sits upon a magma pot that is going to blow at sometime, and I believe that it is a ways off, but as far as natural destruction goes, I have a vote in for Yellowstone. By the way, well before that actually spews, the shifts in the geological constitution of our present day Wasatch Fault will shake and bake things up in our front yard to the extent, that most of us or those in our present surroundings is getting gulped up by the earth anyway, most of us will not be around when CNN reports, Yellowstone has finally BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE
    PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, duh. 10 posts in this thread, and no one has posted the real facts?

The Antichrist, will take the stage initially as the global peacemaker Daniel mentions in Daniel 9:27. This coming prince will broker a covenant or treaty with Israel for a period of seven years. Perhaps with global disarmament he will promise to ensure peace in the world after a particularly destructive future war. His ally will be the Whore of Babylon who was seen in vision by John in Revelation 17. John saw this mysterious harlot actually riding the beast and exerting some sort of control over him for a period of time. This harlot entity heads up an apostate church or some sort of global system of false religion.

At the midpoint of the final seven years a world ravaged by plague and turmoil turns to the Antichrist to lead it. Their hope is that a world dictator will deliver it from the beastly chaos the harlot rulership unleashed and was unable to control. The Antichrist at that time is possessed by a beast demon from the Abyss and so becomes the Beast. The prophet Daniel, again in Daniel 9:27 states that at this time this "prince" will stop the daily sacrifices, (which had been resumed again on the Temple Mount). He then commits an appalling sacrilege not unlike the outrages of the Greek Seleucid ruler Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Now fully revealed as the Beast, the Antichrist assumes global dictatorial rule and attempts to establish his 666 economic system. His persecutions of Christians and Jews at that time will be unprecedented. This three and a half year period of intense trouble and travail was referred to by Daniel. It was also spoken of by Jesus Christ in the Olivet Discourse. In Revelation 13 the Apostle John sets the limits to this great trial at 42 biblical months or three and a half years. This is referred to by Biblical eschatologists as the "Great Tribulation". And it coincides with the time of "Jacob's trouble" mentioned in Jeremiah and the trampling of Jerusalem referred to by John in Revelation 11.

Eventually, the Antichrist, under the threat of approaching armies from the orient, musters the armies of the west to attack Israel. At the climax of the story, Jesus returns in the Second Coming. He destroys the armies gathering for the campaign against Jerusalem. They are sown into the ground in the Valley of Meggido or Valley of Jezreel in northwest Israel. This is known as the Battle of Armageddon.
    Obviously.

Hmmm, the Antichrist sounds a lot like Clinton, so the mysterious Harlot must be....
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I vote for a meteor hitting Yellowstone. Everyone wins!

The human experiment will probably end in more subtle ways than a whack from outer space or some cataclysmic conflagration. It'll be something like the "bee shortage" or a pandemic of farts.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Hmmm, the Antichrist sounds a lot like Clinton, so the mysterious Harlot must be....
    I thought harlots were supposed to be hot....

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    Clinton doesn't care what they look like.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    The human experiment will probably end in more subtle ways than a whack from outer space or some cataclysmic conflagration. It'll be something like the "bee shortage" or a pandemic of farts.
    so everyone, lets just hold our farts in and we'll all be safe. but if you must fart save it for evening when your in bed. trap your farts under the covers, then bundle them in approveed fart receptacles in the morning for proper disposal at certified recycling centers. *warning* DO NOT then pull teh covers over your head during the night, you may suffocate and by no fault of their own whoever discovers you may release the farts. please, lets be careful out there.
    signature

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    *warning* DO NOT then pull teh covers over your head during the night, you may suffocate and by no fault of their own whoever discovers you may release the farts. please, lets be careful out there.
    This is really great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    and no one has posted the real facts? .
    Yea, it's not ending anytime soon