Thread: Backpacking trip 6/8/07

Backpacking trip 6/8/07

Ok, so I took a buddy of mine to one of my favorite places on Earth. It's a lake in Wyoming that always has great fishing. It's not a far hike, but it's not an easy hike by any means. The trailhead is 9336 ft, and the lake is a two mile hike straight down. The elevation of the lake itself is 7880 ft.

Since the terrain surrounding the lake is very rugged with many cliffs, and the fishing is the best at the other end, I managed to hike a canoe down and hide it (also locked up).

So, here are some pictures of the trip:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That looks awesome, can I ask where at?

Ditto. Very beautiful, and obviously you have the place all to yourselves. How awesome.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

That is insanely beautiful!

Let's see: Beautiful; Peaceful; no crowds; Honey Hole; great pictures; excellent scenery AND YOU DON'T SAY A WORD ABOUT WHERE IT IS!!!!!! YOU TEASING BASTARD!!!!!

Not that I blame you a bit. Great find!

We all have our special retreats:

THAT is an amazing photograph, it should go in the slide show!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    He won't tell me...

He won't tell me...
    Well, he DOES wear plaid with camouflage.

Awesome pictures dood. Sweetness.

He won't tell me...
    Lies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    Let's see: Beautiful; Peaceful; no crowds; Honey Hole; great pictures; excellent scenery AND YOU DON'T SAY A WORD ABOUT WHERE IT IS!!!!!! YOU TEASING BASTARD!!!!!

Not that I blame you a bit. Great find!

There are too many eyes on the internet to post the location publicly

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    He won't tell me...
    Well, he DOES wear plaid with camouflage.
    I don't go to the wilderness to be fashionably correct

I am familiar with this lake. I will not give out the name on this site, but even if I did, it will never get enough fishing pressure to change it as people are too lazy, its too far from any populated areas, and there are several other lakes in the area that produce as good or better fishing. Great pics, it is a beautiful lake.

I hiked down to that lake several years ago from my view of the lake up on top, later found our about the trail that goes by it. I prefer the lake just upstream for fishing, but have done well in both. Great pictures, I can't wait until my trip to the area in August.

Nice shots. I liked the shot of the fish with the Jake's spin-a-lure. I have been using a Jake's with success since I was a boy scout. Best lure out there?
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Nice shots. I liked the shot of the fish with the Jake's spin-a-lure. I have been using a Jake's with success since I was a boy scout. Best lure out there?
    I'll second that... Nothing like it in the Uintas.

There are lakes like that in the Uintas if you get away from the highway and no where to look that have huge fish and not a soul fishing them.

The mountains where the pics of this lake are located are nice as well. I have been to that lake and had a blast, but I didn't stay as my destination was a lake a little further on.
    Biking, Hiking, and Fishing are life. Everything else is just fluff.

I've always had good success with the jake's. It will cast real far, and the fish eat 'em right up!

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    There are too many eyes on the internet to post the location publicly
    there is a members-only category where one may post ... but some treasures are just meant to be held dear to the heart

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    I've always had good success with the jake's. It will cast real far, and the fish eat 'em right up!
    g
    You boyz are on to something. I have caught more fish on a Jake's than any lure out there.