Thread: Tuesday 6/19 Group Ride :: The Bobsled

Tuesday 6/19 Group Ride :: The Bobsled

We had talked about doing Dog Lake this next week. But its an even day only ride and we don't have another even Tuesday until next week. So we'll probably hit Dog Lake next Tuesday. Anyway, there are 3 options for this ride. I would like to earn the downhill a bit, but I am open to any of the three options. Lets discuss which one we'll ride and where to meet. Lets plan on 6:00 PM wherever it is. I know Shling has ridden this trail recently. So which option?

Directions

**UPDATE: We will meet at Popperton Park and ride the "Dry Gulch Option."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well you know I'm in.

Last week, we rode up Dry Gulch to the BST and then went north to the entrance to Bobsled. This offers plenty of aerobic work but not too much in case it's your typical mid-June upper 90's.

There are plenty of parking places at Popperton Park or just East of the park, above (north) Shriners Hospital. This puts you close to the Dry Gulch climb.

But, whatever y'all decide - s'all good.

I would like to figure out how to take the non standard entrance to bobsled. As to avoid the sandy beginning. I have always see where the two connect but never known where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by ericchile
    I would like to figure out how to take the non standard entrance to bobsled. As to avoid the sandy beginning. I have always see where the two connect but never known where to start.

Be there Tuesday and we'll show you.

Ugh. I guess this means I have to take my commute tires off my bike. I hate changing tires. I'm in.

Re: Tuesday 6/19 Group Ride :: The Bobsled

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    We had talked about doing Dog Lake this next week. But its an even day only ride and we don't have another even Tuesday until next week. So we'll probably hit Dog Lake next Tuesday.
    Directions
    You'll have to add ~4 miles of road if you plan on doing Dog Lake before July 1 - that's when the gate opens. If you're up for it, though, the trail is in good shape.

Lets do as shlingdawg suggests, meet at Popperton Park and ride the "Dry Gulch Option." See you all at 6.

slow ride errrr

Yo Yo Yo, bring dem wimmins along again fer serious. The bobsled is ultra mega fun. I will see you guyez at 6 in the pee emms.

So, Kid, you think you got what it takes to be a Punch King?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    So, is this up by Hogle Zoo?
    Not really. It's north of Primary Childrens and the U of U Hospital. Take South Temple to Virginia Street and go left (north). You'll see Shriners hospital for Children on the right. Go just past that and you'll see Popperton park on the right. Turn there are go East of the park and you'll see some parking spots on the north side of the road. From here, we ride up the road to the east and hook up with the Dry Gulch entrance.

Let's try to hit the fun stuff while there's still daylight, for the footage. The Mueller park stuff kinda sucked from the dark.

So, is this up by Hogle Zoo?
    Meet here ....

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.77...3354d5746ea44e

And, now I'm out. Forgot I already had plans on Tuesday night. I'll have to catch you guys next week.

Damn,

I was planning on coming tonight even to the extent that I packed my bike with me to work etc; however, I just went to lunch and realize I forgot somthing....... My Damn TIRE!!! Unless I can make it back home I dont hink I will be able to catch you guys but I may still try?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I'll have uutah.com shirts.
    With hot girls inside them?

Quote Originally Posted by ericchile
    I'll have uutah.com shirts.
    With hot girls inside them?
    Only if they buy one.