Thread: My wetsuit story

My wetsuit story

I feel like I have to share it with the rest of you so it doesn't happen to you!

Friday, the day of the big Uutah canyoneering get together. I am all excited to get down there with my buddy Adam. He is at my house at 2pm sharp, pack my Civic and depart from my house. 2 mins later he lets me know that he forgot his shorty.

Damn! I am thinking to myself, we are going to be late to Soldier's Grave! So we drive to his house (about 15 mins away), and right before we get off at his exit he tells me that he gave his truck (parked in my driveway) keys to my wife for safe keeping! DOH!

So we come to his house in the hope of breaking the door down and getting his shorty. Sure enough, with our uber breaking in skills we manage to break into his house with a rake and a leatherman!

Still on time, speeding down to Green River to get a taste of Ray's burger and be at Soldier's Grave by 7:30pm.

Three hours later we are enjoying a juicy bacon cheeseburger with fries at Ray's. I met some river running buddies at the place, so all is good. We are all chilling enjoying the cool air coming from the air conditioned vent. As my cell phone finally gets the signal and the "New Voice" mail appears on my phone.

-"Honey, I hope you got a wet suit that you were trying to get, because your shorty is right here on the couch..." my wife's sweet voice on the voicemail.

<--- is all I could do/think/yell/scream

Trying to keep my calm, my mind races to find a solution to the problem:

1. Call Shane -- crap only have his work number
    2. Call rockgremlin - crap don't have his number
    3. Call desert highlight - takes 10 mins to find the number over my shitty cell connection - damn they are closed, left a voice mail
    4. Talk to Steve (the rafting dude who was teaching a class in Green River on river rescue) - crap, he rented out all his wet suits
    5. Only choice is price - driving back to price calling walmart - crap lost connection.
    6. Calling Walmart at 7:00pm - crap they don't have it
    7. Calling some sports store in Price - crap they are closed
    8. Calling Costco in Orem - they have the wetsuit for $39.99!!! YEs... .err crap they close at 8:30pm, I am at the summit over Price canyon at 7:30pm
    9. In big sigh I pull up home at 10pm and go to bed
    10. 11AM I am in bed trying to convince myself that I have to go to sleep
    11. 11:30AM I am now begging myself to go to sleep

At 2:40am my alarm goes off. I drag my ass out of the bed, call Adam and at 3:15am we are again on hwy 6 down to Soldier's Grave!

So yes, the Black Hole hike was that much sweeter cause I totally earned it and was loving the wet suit every hole I swam

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thats a great story and all for a bloody wetsuit. But damn that must have been worth it. That water was f'in COLD!

I thought the water was nice, it's the damn long/multiple swims that I do not like. If you thought that water was cold, try Ice Cube in early March with a 2mm full wetsuit, LOL

Told Alex he could borrow mine, just need a wash, only pee'ed in 10 times, so guess still New.