Thread: Energy Drinks - Who drinks them?

Energy Drinks - Who drinks them?

I've been a caffeine junky for years. All winter long I enjoy hot, dark coffee. Now that it's warming up, I usually switch over to the iced coffee but when in a pinch the other day, I ended up with a Red Bull. Now I'm drinking Monster and Rock Star and I'm hooked.

I'm embarrassed to hear how much caffeine (or caffeine dirivitives) is in these, but I find that they are quite addicting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I find BOOKOO citrus to be particularly tasty.
    "You Sombitch's couldn't close an umbrella"
    Sheriff Beuford T Justice

I'm on today's 6th cup of joe right now. I usually drink 6 cups a day. Been doing it for years, and I'm not addicted yet.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Rockstar - Especially the "Juiced" flavor line. I like the Mango and the Guava ones (purple and orange cans).
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I drink the Sobe Energy Citrus, since I have it on tap at work, all I want for FREE

I drink the Rockstars, buy 'em in bulk at Costco. But I only bust 'em out at special occasions. Like when the rest of the crew is drinking fine brews, and I don't want to feel left out. I find the 16 oz can makes me feel like more of a man.

Plus, I love the combination of battery acid, ground up smarties, and caffeine. Really gets me amped.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I drink the Rockstars, buy 'em in bulk at Costco. But I only bust 'em out at special occasions. Like when the rest of the crew is drinking fine brews, and I don't want to feel left out. I find the 16 oz can makes me feel like more of a man.

Plus, I love the combination of battery acid, ground up smarties, and caffeine. Really gets me amped.
    DUDE!!! You and I are clones!! I buy Rockstar in bulk at Costco, and then break them out during special occasions. Many times I'll pack a Rockstar into my backpack to knock back during slot canyons hikes.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Rockstar in the white can is my drink.

the low carb one has twice the caffeine

andi always thought it tasted more like Flintstones vitamin than smarties but now im going to have to rethink this

rob

SOBE No Fear. Thats my favorite but the origional Rockstar and Green Monsters are great too. I've been drinking more caffene a day than you could imagine. Been cutting back lately and getting VERY tired.

Would Guiness Extra Stout be considered an energy drink..?
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

I prefer the new pomegranate Rockstar, it cleanses the upper palate with a little zing.

You energy-drink newbs probably don't remember a drink called "Pimp Juice", but that stuff was off the hook good. the tag line was "Let it loose". the drink was made by Nelly, and all proceeds would go to the Nelly 4 kidz foundation.

Check it out here: http://www.letitloose.com/

bluerei : You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

I still have coffee in the morning, but now that it's super hot, I'm with you: I want something cold that will perk me up later in the day. In the past few years I've been reading more and more good things about the nutrients in all kinds of tea, so I've been drinking a lot of iced tea, which I take with lemon, not sweet. VERY refreshing.

You will still never beat the cup of Coffee in the morning, no sugar, no cream just straight black like it was made to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    I still have coffee in the morning, but now that it's super hot, I'm with you: I want something cold that will perk me up later in the day.
    i have an excellent solution ... but it's classified ...

not into iced coffee? seems like a number of places keep coffee cold and ready to serve. it's easy to do too ... and make some coffee ice cubes to kick it up a notch!

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    You will still never beat the cup of Coffee in the morning, no sugar, no cream just straight black like it was made to drink.
    While I agree with you, as it gets REALLY hot, I like to drag out one of these on my way to the first tee.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ill stick with my Mountain Dew after watching the video here ..:(

http://cbs2chicago.com/health/local_...160184634.html

Carbonation, incidentally, is not a factor. But sugary drinks -- even orange juice -- if left in frequent, extended contact with teeth will do the same damage.
    Moderation - tis a good thing. Oh, and don't swish it around in your mouth and hold it there.