Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2007 uUtah Canyoneering Trip - The Black Hole

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm still waiting for someone to post images of that cool swimming tunnel, and Dan doing his backflip into the water....
    I have the video and totally forgot to post it

I have to convert it from MOV to WMV and then post it on Youtube. Anyone has any decent converters handy?

I love this picture Sweeeeeettttt!!!

Yeah that one came out just right, everything that wasnt pitch black however didnt work out so well, had the camera locked at iso 1600... hooray remove noise filter

[quote="Alex"
    I have to convert it from MOV to WMV and then post it on Youtube. Anyone has any decent converters handy?[/quote]

what spell has mr. gates put you under, alex?

youtube accepts .mov files ... or is there a particular reason to use wmv files for quality control or something?

Hmm, you are right, I never knew that!

Sorry for the shake, I was trying to stay afloat while hand holding the camera

nice

great flip and good filming ... youtube looks pretty good as well

We are home after 10 days of Utah!!!! We have had a great time and I will try to post more often now.

Here is a group picture and a girl picture:

(I really hope this works....my first time posting and with pictures! )
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This reminds me what a varied group we had.... We had a lot of people from Utah but we also had folks from SoCal, AZ and one feller from Virginia. Any other states I missed represented?

I was expecting the Utah people but the rest were a bit of a surprise to me.

That was a fun trip.

I do the Black Hole at least once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I do the Black Hole at least once a year.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

14. Likes Udink liked this post
    I did the Black Hole on the 11th and it was chock full of water. I've never seen it so full. It was a BLAST!

Sweet

We'll be doing the Black Hole this week. I figured with all the recent rain it would be tippy-top full.

Sweet

We'll be doing the Black Hole this week. I figured with all the recent rain it would be tippy-top full.
    When? I've got a cooler stocked with Molsen if ya wanna meet up. I'm going down on Tues thru Thurs to hit any and/or all of the Shenany/Monkey Business/Foolin' Round Combo. If we can't meet up s'cool...more Molsen for me.

I'll text you the BH details. Stormy and I ran just about all the North Wash stuff a month ago

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3

I went through the Black Hole on 5/16/13, and can confirm that water levels were high, although I have nothing to compare it to since it was my first time in the canyon. I will say that I was following Mike Kelsey's description, and he mentions 4 major swims. We did much more that 4 swims, seemed like 10 or so swims. There is no "log soup" in the canyon right now. One of the hand lines is looking ratty. It was an awesome hike, I can understand why Kelsey says it's his favorite non-technical hike. I commented to my friend, if this hike were in a national park there would be a 1000 people in it. As it was, we were the only ones.

I'll text you the BH details. Stormy and I ran just about all the North Wash stuff a month ago

Tap'n on my Galaxy G3
    So are you doing the BH mid-week then (tues - thurs)? Unless Stormy is driving separate, then you're gonna need a car spot. You seeing where this is headed? I wanna get my bro-in-law into Shenanny at the very least. Oh well, we'll see what goes on a whim.

Shaping up to be a good week for canyoneering!

I have a hot young stripper wife... setting up the shuttle is never an issue.