View Poll Results: How do you gear up when you ride?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet, gloves, and clips (shoes)

1 4.76%
  • Helmet, gloves, clips, and other padding (i.e. knee, elbow)

2 9.52%
  • Helmet only, regular shoes

3 14.29%
  • I am an organ-donor, and need no helmet or gear...kamakazi!

0 0%
  • Helmet, gloves, clips (shoes), riding shorts, glasses

11 52.38%
  • I use the "force!"

2 9.52%
  • I like sea-monkeys

2 9.52%

Thread: What gear do you wear when you ride?

What gear do you wear when you ride?

How does everybody gear up when they trail ride (or road)? Are you a kamakazi and go helmetless, or just a helmet and gloves, or what?
    ~Jason

Man who run behind car become exhausted...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yes, I value my head, hands, crotch, and eyes.

I wear clips b/c it helps me pedal.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Depends on the trail. Some trails require a bit more protection than others. Essentials include riding shorts, gloves, always a helmet and shoes/clips/pedals.

I like sea-monkeys

Always a helmet. Always.

Always bike shorts, comfy....

Always glasses - tree branches and rocks kicked up are bad. Very bad.

Always gloves.... I've ridden a few times, by accident, without. Not good.

Clipless pedals because it's easier to ride!!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

head, shoulders, knees & toes......
    depends on the trail but always a helmet, gloves & glasses....I hate bugs in the eyes and I like my brain...it's a fair brain...
    ask Acca about gloves...he learned about gloves on gooseberry mesa last year! and PADDING? I LOVE padding when I am bombing down a hill and comeup on bushes or trees....branches baaad...skin gooood.
    I still have a helmet on display in the shop with a branch sticking out of it...very convincing!

Would "granny gear" have been an appropriate response?
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    head, shoulders, knees & toes......
    depends on the trail but always a helmet, gloves & glasses....I hate bugs in the eyes and I like my brain...it's a fair brain...
    ask Acca about gloves...he learned about gloves on gooseberry mesa last year! and PADDING? I LOVE padding when I am bombing down a hill and comeup on bushes or trees....branches baaad...skin gooood.
    I still have a helmet on display in the shop with a branch sticking out of it...very convincing!
    Ya know, my absolute favorite response to not wearing a helmet is "I don't crash, so I don't need a helmet." I wish I was that sure about everything in life. Hell, I would stop wearing leathers and a helmet on my motorcycle, and just ride in a tanktop and flipflops.....or I don't need to wear a seltbelt because I don't crash...
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Would "granny gear" have been an appropriate response?
    Sorry sir, I am a singlespeeder, and granny doesn't come buy and visit no more. Do or die!!!!
    ~Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker
    Depends on the trail but always a helmet (Full face when DHing), Glasses, gloves, good padded shorts, full pads when DHing. I crashed and cut my forearm at Sundance once. It cost me about $5500.00 to ditch the infection I got from that. IV antibiotics every 8 hours for 2 days or $20.00 for elbow pads....doh!! Speaking of helmets... I was returning from a very technical trail via a paved bike path. I hit something on the pavement that put me down, smacking my head on the asphalt... without a helmet I would probably need a drool cup now.

On the other hand Dr. Kevorkian is outta the slammer now so if you get too messed up there is always that route.
    I agree - I simply will NOT ride without a helmet. If I only had one choice - that would be it. Ive hit hard enough to split my helmet in two and only have my chimes rung a bit so speak from experience too

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker
    Speaking of helmets...I was downhilling at Winter Park, Colorado last year with my buddy Nat here. He zigged when he should have zagged. He had on a regular helmet on instead of a full face. 4 hours in the ER at the base, 38 stitches, a concussion, and $3400.00 lighter in the wallet ...without a helmet he wouldn't be anymore. We collected rocks covered with his blood as a souvenir for him. Hey what are friends for?

But if he wore a full-face helmet, then he would not have that killer scar to tell the chicks about!
    ~Jason

I'm mostly a commuter, so I wear a helmet (I hate my helmet, it fits funny, but at least it keeps my brains from leaking out through my ears) gloves, and whatever I'm wearing to work that day. Typically jeans and a t-shirt. (My co-workers must love sitting near me).

I just wear street shoes, comfy shorts, cotton tee, and a helmet.

Plus a bunch of other crap for filming....

I started out with no gloves, then I smacked some slickrock on Gooseberry about 6 years ago. Then I wore gloves all of the time.

Then this year, I forgot them one time, didn't even notice until I was unpacking them out of my pack. So now I don't wear them.