Thread: Nothing says good morning like...

Nothing says good morning like...

A broken window and missing your cd collection and other things, but on the bright side it was also raining in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That sucks. But, at least they left your hat.

I feel your pain. The cops won't do a damned thing to help you out, so you think you can hunt them down.

But then you just realize their life already sucks enough that they had to do that. They're bottom feeders. Sold the goods for $15 in Meth.

They have their punishment already, but they'll do it again.

Mother F*%#$@#$!!!! I HATE THAT!!!

Luckily they didn't look in the trunk, I had a lot of gear in the trunk that would have really pissed me off if they had stolen. About 90% of the cds I have on my computer, so it's not too bad. I have no pity for them. Theives are scum.

Bogley BigShot

I just don't get how people can do this to other people?

Perchance do you live in South Salt Lake?

I moved from South Salt Lake to Monticello after graduating from the U last May. While in South Salt Lake my truck was broken into probably close to 10 times. The stereo was vandalized, CDs were stolen, etc. Haven't experienced anything even remotely similar here in the Monti. I've never even heard of a burglary or theft here...yet.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

That sucks, MFs.

Don't know who they're messing with, do they?

Anything that would be easily identifiable? We can all keep a lookout.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

you guys won't believe me but a few years ago this same thing happened to me only the guy's wallet fell out on the seat while he was stealing everything and he cut his hand when he broke the window and his blood was all over the inside of my truck. i called the cops and gave them his wallet with i.d. and the cops never did anything about it. they couldn't get me back my stolen stuff and i even had to pay for a new window and they couldn't do anything to make him pay for that. i called the police for a year or two about it but they just kept putting me off so eventually i stopped calling. i'll never call the cops again for the rest of my life, next time i'm taking the law into my own hands and i hope that you all do the same. next time i'll track the guy down and vandalize his car in as many ways as i can think of and leave a note saying that if he doens't return my stolen stuff i'll be back!

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Perchance do you live in South Salt Lake?

I moved from South Salt Lake to Monticello after graduating from the U last May. While in South Salt Lake my truck was broken into probably close to 10 times. The stereo was vandalized, CDs were stolen, etc. Haven't experienced anything even remotely similar here in the Monti. I've never even heard of a burglary or theft here...yet.
    Apparently they don't have car audio stores in Monti either, because you seriously need to get yours fixed man...

Oh man, that bites.

I hope they catch whoever did it. Was it parked in the street or in the driveway? Either way, shame on whoever did that.

I remember someone vandalized our window while my car was parked at work in West Valley. They didn't even steal anything; just left a golf ball sized hole in the back window. It was something like $1100 to replace the window and our insurance deductable was $1000 so we didn't bother. Just senseless.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Last year my car got stolen twice in the same week from in front of my house. (Fortunately the "thieves" were too dumb to figure out a stick shift and left it down the block). The officer from the Salt Lake City Police Department said that the district attorney usually won't file charges on automobile theft because it's too hard to prove unless the perpetrator is arrested while driving the stolen automobile.

I'd imagine it's the same case with property theft from inside a car. Unless they catch the dude inside your car leafing through your CD collection there's probably not much the police can do about it.

In the immortal words of Flava Flav: 911 is a joke.

Bummer. I had this happen once, way back up Big Cottonwood canyon, I didn't care as much about losing the CDs as I did about generally being violated. Its a weird feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by blarson
    i called the cops and gave them his wallet with i.d. and the cops never did anything about it.
    Bastards. There's no excuse for that.

Dirk that is pretty much how I feel. The worst part for me is that I was going to return some things that I had borrowed from friends that were stolen. There have been some kids egging the cars parked on the street, mine include but I doubt this is the same group. This is in the Millcreek area close to Olympus High, so I think it was some punk high schoolers. I am thinking of ways to prevent things like this and the eggings, the street is dark at night because there are no street light for about 200 feet along my street. I am considering waiting in the bushes in my ghillie suit to see if anyone loiters around late at night.

This kind of thing just makes me tremble with rage. It's happened to me three times in various locations. It's such a violation.

You have my complete sympathy. -R