Thread: Hi, I'm new to the site.....

Hi, I'm new to the site.....

Hello. I have been enjoying the Uutah.com site for some time, and felt it was about high time that I got my own personal login.

I am a lifelong Utah resident, living in Ogden. From my Uutah.com stage name, you would think that I have a problem with O-town, but that is not the case. When I was living in Salt Lake, friends would call it Dog-den, but I love the city and all of the opportunities that the proximity to the BST and other outdoor attractions avails.

I live about one half mile from the Beus Canyon trailhead, so my bike and I try to hit the south side of the trail(from 12th to 46th south) 2-3 times a week. I also get a few rides in the Ogden Valley every year, weekly at Wheeler/Green Pond/Art Nord, and the Skyline trail rides.

Hope to see you online and on the trail.
    You need more than 24 hours in Moab!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the hood. Does this give him an automatic membership to the Ogden Posse?

Re: Hi, I'm new to the site.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dogden Mt Biker
    I try to hit the south side of the trail(from 12th to 46th south) 2-3 times a week.
    Impressive!

Welcome to the site, you may have to show us a few tricks on the trail.

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome

Hiya and welcome to the site. I live in SLC, but work in Dogden

Thank you for all the welcomes. You guys and gals are very hospitable.

Sombeech, there aren't that many tricks to the south side, there is one downside, from about 36th south to 46th south, the only way to stay off the paved road is to climb and drop into Beus Canyon. Which is lot's of fun, but not great when I am taking novice bikers out for initial rides.

Also, I had observed on either a Tuesday or Thursday a few weeks ago, a bunch of people gathering at the WSU paracourse for an evening ride. Does that resemble anyone in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogden Mt Biker
    Also, I had observed on either a Tuesday or Thursday a few weeks ago, a bunch of people gathering at the WSU paracourse for an evening ride. Does that resemble anyone in this forum?
    Probably not, we're pretty much meeting at 22nd street, riding above beus, and coming back.

Welcome to the site, nice to see some more Ogden people on the site, I have probably seen you on the trails one time or another being that I ride the ogden area 2-3 times a week and have now been riding, maples, basin, nord, skyline since it warmed up! Hope to run into you sometime.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

This last weekend I rode up around Snowbasin a couple of times. On Saturaday afternoon, way hot day, I rode with a buddy up on Green Pond about to the overlook that is around Strawberry, but ran out of time. I had a party to attend.

On Sunday, I, my wife, and a friend who is just taking up mountain biking went up to the Ogden Overlook trail. That is a great trail to take your friends who are just starting to ride. It is a good climb for them, then the view is killer, and it is a pretty fun ride back down.

TTFN