Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday 6/12 Group Ride :: Mueller Park

Re: Another one for Mueller Park?

Quote Originally Posted by the voice
    What set up does Sombeech use for his Helmet Cam?
    Here's the original setup:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2705

And then I just waterproofed it:
    http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7200

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Anybody got a snow report from the high mountains. Is Mueller good to go? Muddy? Waz up?

I believe that Glasscutter and I are going to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Anybody got a snow report from the high mountains. Is Mueller good to go? Muddy? Waz up?
    I'm on my way to Bountiful Bike. I'll see if they've heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    I believe that Glasscutter and I are going to be there.
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    [newb] What/where is Bomber Alley? [/newb]

It's a down hill trail that breaks off from the Main Muller trail. It's pretty steep and has some logs you jump and such with a little bit of north shore action. It's fun. It brings you out at the top of muller park camp sites.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized

It's a down hill trail that breaks off from the Main Muller trail. It's pretty steep and has some logs you jump and such with a little bit of north shore action. It's fun. It brings you out at the top of muller park camp sites.
    Here's a little bit of it.

No news from Bountiful, but I looked up the mountain and it looked good. There may be some traces of snow in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    Shlingdawg, I love your avatar, it makes me chuckle every time I see it!
    Thanks. I just can't let go of my Jeeping days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSpecialized

Here's a little bit of it.

I've seen pictures of your Kline. That thing is a champ!! You should definately head down Bomber Alley. Just make sure you talk REDFOX into going on tuesday.

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming - I have to fix a flat in the morning then I should be good to go, barring any problems. (dont wait for me, I will ber there on time if I can make it) As I posted elsewhere - I have ZERO mountain bike miles on my legs so I imagine I wont be setting any speed records, if that's cool. I'm guessing you'll be at the park trailhead, yes?
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I'm guessing you'll be at the park trailhead, yes?
    Yeah, either right by the bridge at the toll gate, or about 100' before, depending on the crowds.

BTW, I'll have the uutah shirts with me too.

I will be there for sure...have bike loaded....getting ready to leave...taking the day to shop....not going home til tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'm guessing you'll be at the park trailhead, yes?
    Yeah, either right by the bridge at the toll gate, or about 100' before, depending on the crowds.

BTW, I'll have the uutah shirts with me too.
    Cool Im pump'd. My first uutah ride! I've got my bike at work with me. Hopefully no one makes fun of me for not wearing gloves!!

Sorry I couldnt make it - didnt get out of work til after 5 and I know that would have been hell trying to get there by 6 at that point. The good news: tomorrow's the last day of work - I'll have more opportunities to join you all for some mtb fun!

yea!
    Tree.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by the voice
    Not knowing what I may be getting into or if I can keep up.
    Good to meet you. Hey, I owe you for the LANC remote. If you come to the uutah lunch, it's on me.

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7256

We're thinking the 21st, in Salt Lake somewhere.

Mueller Park Thank you.

Great to meet everyone. Thanxs to Red Specialized for introducing me to Bomber Alley. It made peddling The Ram uphill worth it. I think my wife and I have a new ride in the evenings. Up to the Alley and Down. It would be great to do lunch and officially meet everyone. I noticed there was some talk of sushi earlier. The best place by far for sushi is AH Sushi, which is in with Oh Shucks downtown. We do have a membership so that is no problem. Oh, did I mention that during lunch, the SUSHI is half price. What a country ! If sushi isn't on the venue, then Barbecue? You can't beat PAT's, down off 2100 S and SW temple - 155 Commonwealth Avenue. Check it out at www.patsbbq.com. I will Post a message in a day or so when I get the video edited down. From what I have seen tonight we got some good stuff on Bomber Alley. Can't wait to see Sombeech's video. The pictures you already posted are awesome. What was the camera. It's great to meet a group that like to live life and capture it to share with others. Kinda motivating, don't you think. Until, I get the video done, go to our site www.ddfzone.com. Click on Adventures and Lifestyles, click on Mountain Biking under member pages on the left. Click on Mountain biking Variety and when the player opens, play the Great Ride_320_1000, it will load and play smoother. You really need High Speed in order to view most videos on our site. We have opted for higher quality and larger files, so be patient. They play better the second time. One last question, anyone in the group interested in doing the down hill at Deer Valley this season? Live Life, Don't Watch it.
    Live Life, Don't Watch Life!

Im 15 minutes away from Deer Valley. However its probably a little much for most people for a Tuesday After work ride. But Im up for just about anything.

A trip like that might be better left for a Saturday UUtah Bike Extravaganza with Super Party afterwards?

Great ride, it was nice meeting everyone!

Great to meet all ya'll!

What a BALL! That was a good time riding with all of you, and next time I will bring the DH rig to hit Bomber Alley! Beech took pictures so i'll wait til you post em before I post what I took but here's one where I was the only one at the viewpoint coming down
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A shovel in one hand and an ice cold beer in the other
    oh I see wayne, you come into town and you don't even look me up , when are you goingto actually bring the dh sled, wolf opens thur-sun on the 28 of this month.

jeremy
    Resident Ogden freeride park forum whore