Thread: chipping at 9th street in ogden

chipping at 9th street in ogden

Midnight cowboy, the favorite climb of the crag, maybe in all of Ogden has been destroyed this week. The climb is now worthless and in my opinion has now dropped one letter grade to 5.10/b-c. Anyone that has worked out on the climb knows that at the first bolt, there is a wicked (for short people) stretch to a side pull on the left before moving right under the roof. The stretch to the left has been cut in half by an obvious side pull that is one foot short of the previous side pull. the job was obviously done by a beginner that wasnt hard enough for a real 5.10/c-d and needed to lift his own self esteem. anybody that has been in the climbing community long enough to understand what has happened to causey reservior area knows that THIS WILL RUIN 9TH STREET!!! the lowe brothers have worked long and hard to restore the credibilty of the causey area, but it is still not to the point it once was. midnight cowboy is now soiled because some pussy-ass newbie has no ethics and is pissed because he couldnt send it. if i am ever up there again and i see one of you pussys using that hold i will assume guilt and i will cut your rope right above your belayers hands!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

...i will cut your rope right above your belayers hands!!!
    Whoa...dude...

Re: chipping at 9th street in ogden

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    if i am ever up there again and i see one of you pussys using that hold i will assume guilt and i will cut your rope right above your belayers hands!!!
    Yeah dood, your assuming a lot there. How do you know that anyone on this board had any involvement?

Sounds to me like the typical angry climber rant heard on so many other climbing forums. I have a hard time hanging out on climbing forums... too much anger and flaming going on. I like Uutah because the anger and flaming are kept to a minimum... thank you moderators!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy125
    I like Uutah because the anger and flaming are kept to a minimum... thank you moderators!

Eric.
    Where's coyote these days?

The chipper of the hold should be caught and have an equivilant chip put into his/her head. Quite possibly, this person should have his/her fingertips cut off and never be allowed to climb again. If you need an easy climb, build a climbing wall, and place the holds within your reach. Otherwise, don't try to climb something you can't do. Don't ruin it for everyone else.

(and stay off the crypto)
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

thank you price for letting your ethics show through, as for anyone else that disagrees with anything more than just my harshness needs schooling. this is the equivelant of taking a perfectly good mountain bike trail with terrain that makes having a dual suspension worth the money, and paving it smooth like a high school track. the biggest rule in climbing ethics is dont touch anyone elses routes; chop bolts, add bolts, chip holds, or glue holds. if you are not strong enough, go home and get stronger!!! come back and send it, if not move on.

.. chop bolts,...
    While chopping bolts on canyoneering routes is perfectly acceptable.

I don't disagree with you. Just -ing about your reaction to it, and you're threats about what you're going to do to people that use the new hold.