Thread: BLACK HOLE 2 of june

BLACK HOLE 2 of june

Tr:black hole 2 of June 07
    at the moment that bunch of uuthans are going down this weekend i was thinking to post a trip report from last weekend.
    I never been to the black hole before, and as me also my dear canyon-daddy ,Rick, meanwhile our friend Cassie she did it 20 years ago, and the age of 63 she was full plenty of energie to
    do that again.
    At the spur of the moment (thursday night 6pm) we decide to give a go, leaving a fashionable late friday from salt lake (7:30Pm) arrived there at whiny ours (1:30Am) camp at the edge of fry canyon, wanderfull full moon , warm temperature (we just toss the tarp and thermarest) and try to get some slep.
    temperature last weekend were around 95 max, so we know we want to hit the water at the hottest time of the day, so we can do the scramble out and the walk to retrieve the car at reasonable late cooler time.
    Starting time was 11:00am, that allow leisure breackfast , chit chatting and laughing and relax.
    We pack some sling short rope and wetsuit, 3-2mm full. and a lot of water (3 liters each)
    and head to trailhead.
    Sky super sunny and clear, wanderful,we get to the mandatory picture of the warning sign from when the log jam make it a deadly trap.
    there was only a bke parked , no one else.
    we get into the trail and was hot, but after some hiking we finally got water.
    the first slots were waist deep and warm so we did not suit up, but pretty soon the swimmers starts.
    So we enter in the suit and we went.
    the canyons is super neat, water was pretty clean,in certain spot warm but certain swimmer in the narrows was pretty frigid cold.
    we did not have any problem, was fun we had the canyon all for ourself , playing in the water like little kids and not worried about rushing, but just concentrating in having a blast and enjoy as Rick like to say "another day in Paradise!"
    there was a dubious dark pool filled with smelly water and clogged at the end with tons of logs, after a quick look did not seem worthed get in, so we bypasson the left
    oneof the pool had a red sling but went to a swimmer so was fun after testing the deep just jum in with huge splash.
    the section cold( i do not have pictures) was a long swim but unbelivable pretty, mostly when you swim under a big flat rock in the dark,fun fun.
    we get finally to the official start, Rick off course jumped no problem to the ledge, me with my handicapped knee and Cassie (wise) we just do a short 3 meter rap in the crap,it is perfect downclimbable, but i was wearing myfirst brand new wetsuit and was worried to scatch.
    and down we went, pool slot,open more pool, tricky pool that you walk and suddendly are swimmersand you go down quickly.

A beatiful canyon a lot of fun, no danger at all.
    and at our turtle pace we hit the exit when there was full of light but wery mellow temperatures.
    We screw up a bit the exit gettin cliff out twice (i am bad with directions)so we had to back and finally we found a sketchy log bridge between 2 boulders and we cross that up to a slow angle crack, and after we found the REAL trail.
    but a little adventure was fun too.
    the exit to the highway is obvious, not so obvious the damm nosee little bugs that pester in the way out.
    We start to walk back to the car, and finally after 2 attemps a blonde from california stop and was kind enough to gave Rick a ride back to the car.
    after we socialize with her, and she ended up sharing food and stories at the fry campsite, and we found out she was a hippie looking for discover the southern desert in utah.
    Wer got more visitor trough the night, Moab Matt and Zack from Moab,
    that join our small potluck and share story and comments.
    They are very super nice people, and they ended up taking Emily whith them the day after showing her what canyoneering was about, i think she got a blast.
    what you expect more after giving a 2 miles ride to a smelly wet canyoneer , having 2 professional guides taking you in place you never imagine esist before.
    so yes you can do at 8 am , you can do whithout wetsuit, but if you want have a blast and have fun the way we did was the way to go

and thank you again Rick for putting such a fun trip togheter
    have fun be safe
    Cristina
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

white canyon complex. aahhhhhhhhh... looks like u had fun.

damn i miss san juan county.
    signature

Thanks Cri... I'm getting excited

What? No bikinis!? WTH . . .

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    What? No bikinis!? WTH . . .
    I know I know, but water was cold
    I am going to wear it soon in Moab this weekend ....that will be fun
    and ready to try my inflatable alligator(1$) in black box.....
    have fun guys is a super nice place

so does this mean you wont be joining us?

Quote Originally Posted by goofball

You can't show Jason pictures of the White Canyon. It gets him too excited. Hey J. when are you planning another trip down this way?
    Jared Hillhouse
    North Wash Outfitters LLP.
    Twitter: @North_Wash
    N.W.O. on Facebook
    "Great Adventure Buddies Make It Happen"

no I am sorry, but you will have a blast
    i am going black box hopefully i can drag down my alligator without puncture him,

remeber mosquito repellant , is the only danger you can face....beside been with so many testosterone guys in swimming suits around you....
    whatch your behind

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    so does this mean you wont be joining us?

we're thinking black box on sunday... maybe we'll bump into ya

me and desert hiker we are doing on sunday too
    hope to bump in you guys, but i a mnot going to share my alligator

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    we're thinking black box on sunday... maybe we'll bump into ya
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonbug
    Quote Originally Posted by goofball

You can't show Jason pictures of the White Canyon. It gets him too excited. Hey J. when are you planning another trip down this way?
    soon, grasshopper soon.
    signature