Thread: Terror plot to blow up JFK is foiled

Terror plot to blow up JFK is foiled

4 Muslim terrorists' plan to kill thousands at JFK airport was busted over the weekend.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=1297105

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

WHAT?!! I thought terrorism was just an excuse to invade Iraq!! I didn't think it actually existed beyond 911.

Are you sure it was a terrorist plot?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Code:
    WHAT?!! I thought terrorism was just an excuse to invade Iraq!!
    Funny how you try to tie this to Iraq. Like 9/11, Iraq was not involved in this one either:

The four Muslim men accused in the JFK plot didn't turn to Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan for support after targeting the airport, home to an average of 1,000 daily flights and 45 million passengers annually.

Instead, according to a federal complaint, the informant, Ibrahim and Defreitas visited a compound belonging to Jamaat al Muslimeen, a radical Islamic group known for launching a bloody 1990 coup attempt in Trinidad that involved taking the prime minister and his Cabinet hostage. It left 24 people dead.

Though Jamaat al Muslimeen did have contact with the men accused in the Kennedy airport plot, it is not accused of offering them any support. The group, whose followers are largely black converts to Sunni Islam, has faded as a political force in Trinidad as its leader, Yasin Abu Bakr, fends off criminal charges of inciting violence.

The rebels in the 1990 raid on Parliament surrendered and were pardoned.

When Defreitas discussed his radical "brothers" with the informant, he made it clear they were not Arabs, but from Trinidad and Guyana.

These terrorist were from the USA and associated with Guyana and Trinidad. Kind of an unexpected place for terrorism. Trinidad is a popular tourist Island in the Caribbean. Guyana is an English speaking country in South America, and along the Caribbean Coast, formerly a British Colony. Both are as far from Iraq as you can get.

What is scarier is that both countries are fairly close to the US and our territories. Too bad almost all our resources are going into Iraq and a conflict between the Sunnis and Shiites instead of fighting terrorism.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Dude....totally being sarcastic here. My comment was keying off of a widely accepted viewpoint among liberals that terrorism just doesn't exist, and is being used as a scare-tactic by the Bush admin to fund the Iraq war.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I don't think any kind of link to Iraq was mentioned.

Nice job

Ouch - read this on the comments section of the story:

4 Muslim Men
    Report Commentby 555-5555 @ 5:47pm - Sat Jun 2nd, 2007

4 Muslim Men, living illegally in our country (most likely snuck across the Mexican border) want to plot to blow up gas lines under NYC neighborhoods, causing economic chaos, massive deaths, etc.....IMAGINE THAT!

I wonder what Presidential candidate B. Hussein Obama has to say about this. America is not ready for a Muslim president, we're tired of terrorists, let's stay the course with a conservative Republican plan instead of the defeatest democrap plan that would negotiate with terrorists. They hate us, they're jealous of economic prosperity and a country where it actually rains. Get rid of the terrorists....
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

They hate us, they're jealous of economic prosperity and a country where it actually rains. Get rid of the terrorists....
    That was the most ignorant and one of the stupidest things I've heard. Trinidad and Guyana are not in the Middle East. They are in the tropics and covered with rainforest and are in the Americas. It rains a lot more there than in the USA. Who ever wrote it flunked geography.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    That was the most ignorant and one of the stupidest things I've heard.
    Thats a pretty typical comment for the KSL boards.